Thread poster: Liliya Bormotova
Liliya Bormotova
Liliya Bormotova
United States
Local time: 13:09
English to Russian
+ ...
Jan 23, 2019

Please be aware of this scammer! He even sent me an article to be translated! The offer was a scam but I was a victim. This is a copy of his first message.

[ProZ.com mail] Translation services needed
Inbox

steve gregory via ProZ.com
Fri, Dec 28, 2018, 3:37 AM
to me

-----------
You have been sent a message via ProZ.com.
Author: steve gregory
[NOTE: The author is not a registered ProZ.com user or was not logged in when se
... See more
Please be aware of this scammer! He even sent me an article to be translated! The offer was a scam but I was a victim. This is a copy of his first message.

[ProZ.com mail] Translation services needed
Inbox

steve gregory via ProZ.com
Fri, Dec 28, 2018, 3:37 AM
to me

-----------
You have been sent a message via ProZ.com.
Author: steve gregory
[NOTE: The author is not a registered ProZ.com user or was not logged in when sending this message.]
Author's IP address: 66.55.146.98
Message type: Job-related
-----------

Hello,
Please your services will be needed to translate a project
document from English to Russian
kindly reply and show your availability.
Thanks
Collapse

writeaway
writeaway  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
Scam after scam Jan 24, 2019

Let's face it. It seems there isn't a week that goes by without a least one scam report in the forums.
Perhaps Proz or someone could present a list of the types of scams out there and instruct people so they can become aware of the main warning signs.

Forough Ibrahim (X)
memond
Liliya Bormotova
Joe France

Sonia Cunha-Goldner
Sonia Cunha-Goldner
United States
Local time: 13:09
English to Portuguese
Scams reports page Jan 24, 2019

Dear @writeaway,

I do recommend that you take a look at the scam reports page ( http://wiki.proz.com/wiki/index.php/Translator_scam_alert_reports ) and that you
... See more
Dear @writeaway,

I do recommend that you take a look at the scam reports page ( http://wiki.proz.com/wiki/index.php/Translator_scam_alert_reports ) and that you subscribe to scam reports ( https://www.proz.com/about/translator-scam-alerts/subscribe ) because that may help you identify possible scams in the future.

This suggestion was sent to me by one of the Proz.com staff members after I received an email like that.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Sonia Cunha
Collapse

Colleen Roach, PhD
Walter Landesman

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Colleagues! Be aware of the following scammer [email protected]

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »