Barbara Trespidini
Barbara Trespidini  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 23:02
English to Italian
+ ...
Sep 25, 2013

Hello everyone,
In the last few days I received two different e-mails which were probably written by the same person (the template was the same).
The e-mails were sent to me and many other translators with the excuse of causing a bad reputation to two different translation agencies. The sender in both cases had probably stolen the identity of one of us in order to ask for a payment (in quite a rude way), trying to receive money from the agency and tarnishing the reputation of the rea
... See more
Hello everyone,
In the last few days I received two different e-mails which were probably written by the same person (the template was the same).
The e-mails were sent to me and many other translators with the excuse of causing a bad reputation to two different translation agencies. The sender in both cases had probably stolen the identity of one of us in order to ask for a payment (in quite a rude way), trying to receive money from the agency and tarnishing the reputation of the real person.

Please be careful when receiving this kind of messages.

I have sent an e-mail to the person who normally deals with this kind of problems at Proz.com (scam alerts). I have also checked that my email address and personal data are not easily accessible from this website and social networks.

What else can we do to protect us from this kind of scammers?

Thanks
Barbara
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

identity fraud

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »