Translation of documents related to Karma Project in Burkina Faso - possible scam
Thread poster: Mathieu ONANA
Mathieu ONANA
Mathieu ONANA  Identity Verified
South Africa
Local time: 05:47
English to French
Sep 21, 2013

Dear prozers,

Has anyone translated documents related the Karma Project in Burkina ?
I did translation for a guy called David.Higbee who seems to be a scam . He gave me someone's else proz's profile.

I'm afraid this person is scam

Please what do you think I can do..

I thought of tracking the document right from the people in charge of the project....

The document I translated contained the logo of MacCormick International Mi
... See more
Dear prozers,

Has anyone translated documents related the Karma Project in Burkina ?
I did translation for a guy called David.Higbee who seems to be a scam . He gave me someone's else proz's profile.

I'm afraid this person is scam

Please what do you think I can do..

I thought of tracking the document right from the people in charge of the project....

The document I translated contained the logo of MacCormick International Mining Consultancy (IMC) and it's prepared by them.

I'm sure they received my French translation from this supposed David. Higbee and they can know who is behind this..

What would you suggest me to do?
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 05:47
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Impersonation Sep 21, 2013

Dear Mathieu,

This is obviously just another case of impersonation scam: the email address does not belong to real David registered at ProZ.com.

In case you still keep the correspondence with the scammer, please submit a support request and attach these messages. Otherwise please feel free to contact me through my profile with all information you have.

Best regards,
Natalie,
ProZ.com moderator

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation of documents related to Karma Project in Burkina Faso - possible scam

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »