Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13] >
Off topic: Does anyone else feel this way?
Thread poster: Paulo Roberto
Gerard Barry
Gerard Barry
Германия
Local time: 05:20
German to English
. Sep 3, 2025

Paulo Roberto wrote:

Perhaps a person who shows disdain for migrants in this life will be reborn as a poor, Black migrant in a country like Ireland or Germany in the next. Could that be possible?
Reincarnation_AS
It's said that we choose to come to this world to learn and grow, with each life offering a new opportunity to master the lessons we failed to learn before.


I don't show any disdain for migrants. I simply express opposition to mass migration, because it is harmful. Interesting how you seem to equate being black with being poor and being a victim by the way. Interesting too how you capitalise the word "black", which, while being very politically correct, happens to be gramatically incorrect, no matter how many news outlets are doing it nowadays.


 
Paulo Roberto
Paulo Roberto  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:20
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Barry Sep 3, 2025

That was just a philosophical exercise.
I don't equate all Black people as poor, just created that imaginary specific case.
Thank you for your reply, but after this malicious distortion of my words, I'll no longer engage in conversation.

[Edited at 2025-09-03 18:18 GMT]


Maria Laura Curzi
 
Maria Laura Curzi
Maria Laura Curzi  Identity Verified
Аргентина
Local time: 00:20
English to Spanish
+ ...
Food Sep 3, 2025

Paulo Roberto wrote:

That was just a philosophical exercise.
I don't equate all Black people as poor, just created that imaginary specific case.
Thank you for your reply, but after this malicious distortion of my words, I'll no longer engage in conversation.

[Edited at 2025-09-03 18:18 GMT]


I'm still talking about politicians.
they are all bullies and trolls with the only interest to enter into fights, like f*cking teenagers with too much testosterone who don't get laid.


Remember, these trolls will continuously find a way to distort every single word written and turn it into food for a fight.
So, like @Zea said:
d-o-n-t -- f-e-e-d -- t-h-e -- t-r-o-l-l-s.


They already have distorted enough narratives to create fake stories, like the claim of AI being autonomous and generative.
We are feeling those repetitive “conversations” going nowhere. It's
the waiting, the dread of the unseen, is more unbearable than the thing itself.


It seems they (the trolls and bullies) just can't stop it.


Paulo Roberto
 
Paulo Roberto
Paulo Roberto  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:20
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes Sep 3, 2025

Maria Laura Curzi wrote:

Paulo Roberto wrote:

That was just a philosophical exercise.
I don't equate all Black people as poor, just created that imaginary specific case.
Thank you for your reply, but after this malicious distortion of my words, I'll no longer engage in conversation.

[Edited at 2025-09-03 18:18 GMT]


I'm still talking about politicians.
they are all bullies and trolls with the only interest to enter into fights, like f*cking teenagers with too much testosterone who don't get laid.


Remember, these trolls will continuously find a way to distort every single word written and turn it into food for a fight.
So, like @Zea said:
d-o-n-t -- f-e-e-d -- t-h-e -- t-r-o-l-l-s.


They already have distorted enough narratives to create fake stories, like the claim of AI being autonomous and generative.
We are feeling those repetitive “conversations” going nowhere. It's
the waiting, the dread of the unseen, is more unbearable than the thing itself.


It seems they (the trolls and bullies) just can't stop it.

I agree, we are going nowhere with these discussions.


Maria Laura Curzi
 
Baran Keki
Baran Keki  Identity Verified
Түркия
Local time: 06:20
Member
English to Turkish
Right Sep 3, 2025

Gerard Barry wrote:
and, in the EU, abolish the principle of freedom of movement for workers.

They should start by sending your gay arse back to Ireland.


Matthias Brombach
 
Gerard Barry
Gerard Barry
Германия
Local time: 05:20
German to English
. Sep 3, 2025

Baran Keki wrote:

Gerard Barry wrote:
and, in the EU, abolish the principle of freedom of movement for workers.

They should start by sending your gay arse back to Ireland.


I wouldn't mind at all. But the German government doesn't deport anyone.

Funny to see someone as woke as yourself using homophobic language. I see your comment also got a like.


 
Lieven Malaise
Lieven Malaise  Identity Verified
Бельгия
Local time: 05:20
Member (2020)
French to Dutch
+ ...
Sure Sep 4, 2025

Gerard Barry wrote:
I wouldn't mind at all. But the German government doesn't deport anyone.


You "literally cannot go back to Ireland because of the severe shortage of housing", but you wouldn't mind at all to be sent back to that same country.

You're so full of s**t that the toilet is jealous.

[Bijgewerkt op 2025-09-04 07:20 GMT]


Baran Keki
Maria Laura Curzi
The Shredder
P.L.F. Persi (X)
 
Baran Keki
Baran Keki  Identity Verified
Түркия
Local time: 06:20
Member
English to Turkish
. Sep 4, 2025

Gerard Barry wrote:
someone as woke as yourself

The concept of wokeness is as 'foreign' to Turkey as Hinduism to Eskimos. Being an underdeveloped, undemocratic third world country, you can use the 'N word' with abandon or abuse migrants to your heart's content over here and nobody gives a shit (or rather the voices of those who give a shit are never heard). I'm telling you lad, you'll love it here! And my offer of free accommodation still stands.

Gerard Barry wrote:
using homophobic language

Since when calling someone gay (who called himself gay) is 'using homophobic language'? It's funny how you resort to wokeness when cornered or it suits you. Mind you, I never made any judgments about you and asked why you were gay.

Gerard Barry wrote:
But the German government doesn't deport anyone.

You should be grateful then, instead of whinging about your host country's and its neighbours' immigration policies.


Matthias Brombach
P.L.F. Persi (X)
 
Baran Keki
Baran Keki  Identity Verified
Түркия
Local time: 06:20
Member
English to Turkish
He has good reason not to Sep 4, 2025

Lieven Malaise wrote:

You "literally cannot go back to Ireland because of the severe shortage of housing"

Don't forget the bloody Turkish barbers there. They're out to get him once he steps foot in Ireland.
I think that's why he sought asylum in Germany in the first place.


Lieven Malaise
Matthias Brombach
P.L.F. Persi (X)
 
Help! Sep 4, 2025

Gerard Barry wrote:
You find my views despicable because you're obviously very "woke" and perhaps live in a bubble where most people think the same way you do. My views aren't actually that extreme and I certainly don't deliberately wind people up.

That's great that you lived on a street with lots of Chinese, Poles and Indians. Did you ever have a discussion with them about immigration, racism, etc.? Because if you did you'd find that they're mostly very patriotic and in some cases, quite racist folk themselves.

Ah, I didn’t realise you knew all my neighbours and all of their countrymen and countrywomen.

Do I need to hang a St George flag to keep their hands off my daughters?

And you’re right about the famously woke bubble of South Wales.

That must be why I don’t support people being sent home to be raped and tortured.

I thought it was because I was a decent, kind person, but turns out I’ve just been brainwashed into it.

Could you ask your mates Nigel and Tommy to organise an intervention?


Lieven Malaise
P.L.F. Persi (X)
Philip Lees
Matthias Brombach
Baran Keki
Liena V.
 
Liena V.
Liena V.  Identity Verified
Латвия
Local time: 06:20
Member (2014)
French to Latvian
+ ...
Nigel just needs a helping hand Sep 5, 2025

Whenever a certain Nigel is mentioned, I have to remember this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-X3Wy-svIY&ab_channel=XTCVEVO

The Shredder
 
Me too Sep 5, 2025

Liena Vijupe wrote:

Whenever a certain Nigel is mentioned, I have to remember this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-X3Wy-svIY&ab_channel=XTCVEVO

If only he had chosen that career at British Steel…


Liena V.
 
Gerard Barry
Gerard Barry
Германия
Local time: 05:20
German to English
It's complicated Sep 5, 2025

Lieven Malaise wrote:

Gerard Barry wrote:
I wouldn't mind at all. But the German government doesn't deport anyone.


You "literally cannot go back to Ireland because of the severe shortage of housing", but you wouldn't mind at all to be sent back to that same country.

You're so full of s**t that the toilet is jealous.

[Bijgewerkt op 2025-09-04 07:20 GMT]


It's complicated. But if i was deported, then I guess my family would have to take me in.


 
Tomasso
Tomasso  Identity Verified
Америка Құрама Штаттары
Local time: 21:20
Spanish to English
+ ...
Buzz words, indoctrination Sep 6, 2025

Some good points,,,what I notice is that we do not Think for ourselves anymore...

Mind contro by Steve Hassan,,manufacturing consent by Noam Chomsky,,,,,1979s the start of turning out SPIN Doctors,,,like the Danish Show,,,Borgen.....

News media, talk fast,,,little stories told with idea of upholding the larger story.....

Am very upset that we kill the messenger.....to me Julian Assange bring things to our attention,,REACTION try to toruture and kiil him,
... See more
Some good points,,,what I notice is that we do not Think for ourselves anymore...

Mind contro by Steve Hassan,,manufacturing consent by Noam Chomsky,,,,,1979s the start of turning out SPIN Doctors,,,like the Danish Show,,,Borgen.....

News media, talk fast,,,little stories told with idea of upholding the larger story.....

Am very upset that we kill the messenger.....to me Julian Assange bring things to our attention,,REACTION try to toruture and kiil him,,not correct the rampant miliitarism and chaos theroy or plan of the Neo Conservative,,,

To me too many people are indovtrinated and will follow anyone,,,,,,
▲ Collapse


Gerard Barry
 
Yasutomo Kanazawa
Yasutomo Kanazawa  Identity Verified
Жапония
Local time: 12:20
Member (2005)
English to Japanese
+ ...
Wasn't Trump a failure in the first round? Sep 6, 2025

I don't read much about politics, but when Trump was elected for the first time, I thought it was a joke played by people who thought it would be funny if they intentionally voted for him without really thinking about the consequences.

Maybe that's why he wasn't elected for the second term, but he's back again. I don't know what kind of accomplishments he made in the first term when he became president, but does being re-elected mean he was a good and trustworthy president back the
... See more
I don't read much about politics, but when Trump was elected for the first time, I thought it was a joke played by people who thought it would be funny if they intentionally voted for him without really thinking about the consequences.

Maybe that's why he wasn't elected for the second term, but he's back again. I don't know what kind of accomplishments he made in the first term when he became president, but does being re-elected mean he was a good and trustworthy president back then?
▲ Collapse


The Shredder
Liviu-Lee Roth
 
Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13] >


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does anyone else feel this way?






TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
PerfectIt
Check translations faster for consistency, quality and style guide compliance

PerfectIt helps professional translators deliver error-free documents in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint. It helps improve consistency, ensure quality, and enforce style guides. ProZ members receive a 30% discount off individual purchases of PerfectIt.

More info »