claudiahb
claudiahb  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:57
French to English
+ ...
Feb 7, 2013

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had ever attended one of the marketing skills for translators courses organised by Lingvajet in London? They sound very interesting but it is £186.00 for one day so I would like to know if anyone thought it was worth it.

Many thanks,

Claudia

JessicaRathke
JessicaRathke
English
Marketing Skills for Translators Course Feb 18, 2013

Hi Claudia,

I came across your post and since the courses are brand new and I'm the one leading them, I thought I should respond.

Since the course are new you won't find anyone who has taken them yet. I do, however, speak about sales at many industry conferences and regularly provide sales & marketing training to translation companies across Europe and the US.

A number of translators have attended my presentations at industry conferences and almost all of
... See more
Hi Claudia,

I came across your post and since the courses are brand new and I'm the one leading them, I thought I should respond.

Since the course are new you won't find anyone who has taken them yet. I do, however, speak about sales at many industry conferences and regularly provide sales & marketing training to translation companies across Europe and the US.

A number of translators have attended my presentations at industry conferences and almost all of them suggested I create a series of courses that specifically meet the needs of freelancers. Natalia Pozharskaya of Lingvajet was kind enough to offer to host these courses at their training facilities in Chiswick (London).

While these courses are largely based on my standard sales courses, they have been adapted for translators who would like to increase their presence in the marketplace, offer their services directly to clients and/or improve their position with the agencies they work with...but are new to/or slightly uncomfortable with the whole idea of selling their services.

I'd be happy to share more if you'd like. You can check out my LinkedIn profile or my website to learn more about me. www.l10nsalesandmarketing.com.

Jessica Rathke
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Lingvajet - marketing skills for translators course

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »