Stefano Minerba  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 09:14
Member (2012)
English to Italian
+ ...
Oct 3, 2023

Hi Prozies,

Any info regarding Iapwe.org copywriting agency?

Did someone have past experiences with them? Are they reliable?
They asked for a free account to link a paypall account or a debit card.

Below you can find their reply to a colleague of mine:

Dear X,

Thank you for submitting your application. Upon further review, we have determined that your sample meets our quality standards and are pleased to inform
... See more
Hi Prozies,

Any info regarding Iapwe.org copywriting agency?

Did someone have past experiences with them? Are they reliable?
They asked for a free account to link a paypall account or a debit card.

Below you can find their reply to a colleague of mine:

Dear X,

Thank you for submitting your application. Upon further review, we have determined that your sample meets our quality standards and are pleased to inform you that your application has been accepted.

We will ask you to also accept an invitation to our freelancer portal where we will assign writing and editing tasks.

All payments are made through Freelancer, which is a widely-used freelancing platform that is free to join. This will also help you gain experience and positive feedback on your freelancer profile, which will help you in getting hired by other clients on the platform as well.

You may also be interested in our membership. We offer several different membership options, including a free option, that provides lots of helpful resources for our writers and editors. Please keep in mind that we have open enrollment for new members intermittently throughout the year. This opening will be available until the end of this week. We have not had many openings as of late so we do not know when we will be accepting new members again.

To get started, please go to https://iapwe.org/register.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions about anything.

Best regards,
Collapse

Zea_Mays
Zea_Mays  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
smells fishy already from that email, and actually... Oct 3, 2023

https://writerbeware.blog/2016/01/13/freelance-mills-cyberbullying-and-plagiarism-oh-my/

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/iapwe.org

Tom in London

Jelena Delibasic
Jelena Delibasic  Identity Verified
Serbia
Member (2020)
English to Serbian
+ ...
thank you note Oct 10, 2023

Thank you for this reply. I received the same message as Stefano and I was thinking of applying, but now I certainly won't.

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:14
Member (2008)
Italian to English
They're only after your money Oct 10, 2023

I've had enough invitations like this to have learned that they mean nothing. They only want your personal information, which they can then use for who knows what, and your money if you're ingenuous enough to fall for their siren song. You'll never get any work from people like this and, unfortunately, our profession is infested with them.

Aurélien ARPAZ

Elena Pizzetti
Elena Pizzetti  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2014)
English to Italian
+ ...
was scammed by them Feb 13

I wish I had read this and other threads before yesterday… Upon receiving their invitation, I ended up registering with their "free subscription" plan, ending up having a recurring payment of $4,99 activated on my PayPal account, which was never mentioned in the registration plan. Canceling it took more than one hour, they don't reply to emails, there's no way to cancel it on their website and the instructions on how to do it on PayPal don't reflect PP's UI.

Their Trustpilot prof
... See more
I wish I had read this and other threads before yesterday… Upon receiving their invitation, I ended up registering with their "free subscription" plan, ending up having a recurring payment of $4,99 activated on my PayPal account, which was never mentioned in the registration plan. Canceling it took more than one hour, they don't reply to emails, there's no way to cancel it on their website and the instructions on how to do it on PayPal don't reflect PP's UI.

Their Trustpilot profile tells everything. How is this organization still operating after years?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Iapwe.org: opinions about

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »