What are the prospects of switching to SEO translation and localization in the era of AI?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 20:52
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Sep 22, 2023

I received a request from my regular customer since several years of doing SEO translation and localization from German to Swedish. She wanted me to be 100 percent confident though that I could carry through the project, which I wasn't.

I did SEO many years ago, but didn't pursue that further as I had sufficient of regular translation jobs at that time. Now that the inflow of regular, normal translation jobs is so much lower, is this anything worth considering?

How muc
... See more
I received a request from my regular customer since several years of doing SEO translation and localization from German to Swedish. She wanted me to be 100 percent confident though that I could carry through the project, which I wasn't.

I did SEO many years ago, but didn't pursue that further as I had sufficient of regular translation jobs at that time. Now that the inflow of regular, normal translation jobs is so much lower, is this anything worth considering?

How much expertise do you need in order to succeed having only these type of jobs?

How long does it take to acquire that expertise?

How streamlined is the process between different customers? What I'm thinking of is whether my skills that I acquire in this work task for one customer will turn out to be of no use for the next customer as they use their own process. An analogy is a translator, which used to mean a person performing normal, standard translation of text from one language to another. Now, that is not the case any longer since the introduction of new technologies makes it necessary to be highly adaptable to each new customer as to types of work tasks.
Collapse

David GAY
David GAY
English to French
+ ...
SEO Sep 27, 2023

SEO is about to be fully automatized very soon so I would not count too much on this diversification.

Zea_Mays
Zea_Mays  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
? Sep 27, 2023

David GAY wrote:

SEO is about to be fully automatized very soon...

May I ask what will be fully automated there beyond technical aspects in your opinion?

Dr. Tilmann Kleinau

David GAY
David GAY
English to French
+ ...
Everything Sep 28, 2023

Zea_Mays wrote:

David GAY wrote:

SEO is about to be fully automatized very soon...

May I ask what will be fully automated there beyond technical aspects in your opinion?

Just everything, including content writing. Divi and Elementor already integrate AI for text and design creation.

[Edited at 2023-09-28 11:58 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What are the prospects of switching to SEO translation and localization in the era of AI?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »