Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Looking for advice, being ghosted by company I worked freelance for the past year
Thread poster: Stefanie Lewis Aschenbrenner
Arianne Farah
Arianne Farah  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 22:10
Member (2008)
English to French
Promises, promises Sep 15, 2021

Stefanie Lewis Aschenbrenner wrote:

Thank you all for your supportive and honest comments. I guess I should just let it go and move on. My communication with the PMs I worked with was always on a professional but personal level, discussing the current projects and working together so I had the feeling we've built a good and strong working relationship. As it was advertised as a freelance position that will at least require 25 hours per week (which it was until now) I have prioritised them which has now come back to haunt me. I have learnt my lesson and will, as some of you already said, not focus so much on one client anymore.

I only reserve time 1) if I have a PO or the files and project confirmation in lieu of a PO 2) there is no 2...

I can count in the dozens of times regular 'we need X hours of availability a week' dries up after a few months - usually when whatever backlog of translation is taken care of (website, employee handbook, etc.) and all they need after is updating.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for advice, being ghosted by company I worked freelance for the past year

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »