Sherefedin MUSTAFA
Netherlands
Local time: 13:16
Dutch to Albanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Update and return to my initial question Feb 13, 2011

Hi all,

Unfortunately my initial enthusiasm about Archivarius3000 is over.

I purchased a full license of the professional version of this software, downloaded the last build and installed on my pc.
The software crashed during the very first attempt to create an index.

I contacted the supplier and received reply with the instruction to download and unpack a zip-archive named "Update2" in the folder where A3000 was installed in my pc.

I di
... See more
Hi all,

Unfortunately my initial enthusiasm about Archivarius3000 is over.

I purchased a full license of the professional version of this software, downloaded the last build and installed on my pc.
The software crashed during the very first attempt to create an index.

I contacted the supplier and received reply with the instruction to download and unpack a zip-archive named "Update2" in the folder where A3000 was installed in my pc.

I did so. The same problem again: the software crashed during the indexing process.

I contacted again the support service. A new reply instructed me to download and unpack a zip-archive named "Update3" assuring me that "This version must work definitely".

Unfortunately it didn't work.

At this point I have asked the supplier to withdraw my license and refund the purchase.

For this reason I'd like to ask again: what is a good, working, efficient indexing software?

Is far as I can see from your reactions all suggestions have their positive and negative sides... Is there a "more" professional software to do the work in a small network alike the one I have: 1 desktop pc + 2 notebooks linked to a small business server?

Thank you for your time and help.

KR
Sherefedin
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Michael Feb 13, 2011

Michael J.W. Beijer wrote:
Copernic can do this too, but if I do this, I won't know if the term I am looking for is there or not. I find it better to allow Copernic to index the file anyway, and then just open it in UltraEdit.

The maximum buffer I'm talking about is not something that will skip the file completely and not index it, but something which will index the file and show the file in search results, but simply not display it in the preview pane. The user can then right-click the file in the search result and open it in his favourite other program.

Samuel Murray
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Sherefedin Feb 13, 2011

Sherefedin, what is the total amount of data that you want to index?

Sherefedin MUSTAFA
Sherefedin MUSTAFA
Netherlands
Dutch to Albanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Samuel Feb 13, 2011

About 50 GB

Samuel Murray
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Well... Feb 13, 2011

Sherefedin MUSTAFA wrote:
About 50 GB

Well, since you're trying out various programs, you might as well try out Wilma:
http://s3.amazonaws.com/redtree/wilma/en/help/index.html

Pablo Bouvier
Pablo Bouvier  Identity Verified
German to Spanish
+ ...
Indexing software Feb 13, 2011

Sherefedin MUSTAFA wrote:

Hi all,

Could someone suggest a professional indexing software.

Unfortunatelly, Windows 7 Indexing tool on my desktop fails to index all my working files, stored on my business server (SBS 2008). As a result, it costs me too much time to find a file by searching for a word or expression.

KR
Sherefedin

May be you would like to give a try to Effective file search

[Edited at 2011-02-13 22:30 GMT]

Samuel Murray
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
EFS is not an indexing search Feb 14, 2011

Pablo Bouvier wrote:
May be you would like to give a try to Effective file search

EFS (Effective File Search) is a nice search tool but it doesn't index. It searches in real time only.

Richard Hall
Richard Hall  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:16
Italian to English
+ ...
dtSearch Feb 14, 2011

is expensive but excellent..

Sherefedin MUSTAFA
Sherefedin MUSTAFA
Netherlands
Dutch to Albanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Request to refund rejected Feb 14, 2011

Hi,

Today I received an email from share-it!, the agency which has processed the payment for purchase of Archivarius3000 informing me that Likasoft [the software company] has rejected my request.

Have mailed Likasoft and explained the whole story. Hope they will understand that it's not my fault if their software doesn't work wel, at least in my pc and that I would have been very glad if that was the case.

Sherefedin

[Edited at 2011-02-
... See more
Hi,

Today I received an email from share-it!, the agency which has processed the payment for purchase of Archivarius3000 informing me that Likasoft [the software company] has rejected my request.

Have mailed Likasoft and explained the whole story. Hope they will understand that it's not my fault if their software doesn't work wel, at least in my pc and that I would have been very glad if that was the case.

Sherefedin

[Edited at 2011-02-14 12:22 GMT]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Indexing software

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »