Ali Al awadi
Ali Al awadi  Identity Verified
Türkiye
English to Arabic
+ ...
Yes Waleed there is a version for Trados Feb 7, 2007

Waleed Mohamed wrote:

Dear All,

It's my first time to deal with strings using Trados.
Is there any way to make the string labels (that should not be translated) untranslateable?
Frankly, I feel confused.
Please tell me how to deal with strings using Trados WorkBench.
I have the files in Word format.

Thanks for your help!

Waleed

Hi waleed
First of all, thanks for your interest.
2- I think you remember well that in my first reply to your wish of joining the team I aksed you if you you can manage the traslation with Trados or Wordfast and you said that you had a problem with tageditor..
That is why I sent you the files as Word format.
Moreover, I asked you to confirm by email how you will manage the Word format, and you said all is fine and the delivery date is so ok with you.

3-If you need the files in xliff to use Trados or Wordfast, I will send them right now to you again with the necessary instructions how to deal with the files if need be. But just confirm if you need that...

4- As for the glossary, I think the following link can help you..
http://www.proz.com/translation-articles/articles/591/1
However all the files will be revised and checked after delivery for terminological consistency.
for blue board تقييم العملاء(كما تناقشنا مع الزميل أحمد ودن بشأنها
outsourcing تعاقد خارجي

5- Now to your most impotant point, I will contact Mr Patrick to see why you were not added to the list. With pleasure because this is your right like all of us..

awaiting your reply
Best regards

Waleed Mohamed
Waleed Mohamed  Identity Verified
United Arab Emirates
Local time: 08:28
English to Arabic
+ ...
Dear Ali- I am OK with Word format but not with strings Feb 7, 2007

Dear Ali,

I feel I will have technical difficulties that may prevent me from helping localize Proz.com into Arabic.

I will have problem translating strings. I expected to receive a normal file having no strings and such stuff.

If there is any normal files with normal texts, I will be able/glad to help translate them.

I don't even know what is XLIFF file.

If all files have strings, I am afraid I will not be able to help. In suc
... See more
Dear Ali,

I feel I will have technical difficulties that may prevent me from helping localize Proz.com into Arabic.

I will have problem translating strings. I expected to receive a normal file having no strings and such stuff.

If there is any normal files with normal texts, I will be able/glad to help translate them.

If all files have strings, I am afraid I will not be able to help. In such case, no need to contact Patrick re. my problem of joining the team.

With regret

Waleed
Collapse

Ali Al awadi
Türkiye
English to Arabic
+ ...
Ok Waleed no problem. Feb 7, 2007

Waleed Mohamed wrote:

Dear Ali,

If all files have strings, I am afraid I will not be able to help. In such case, no need to contact Patrick re. my problem of joining the team.

With regret

Waleed

Ok Waleed no problem at all. You can quit the team and good luck next times.

Thanks

Waleed Mohamed
Waleed Mohamed  Identity Verified
United Arab Emirates
Local time: 08:28
English to Arabic
+ ...
Wait Ali, now things are much easier Feb 7, 2007

Ali Alawadi wrote:

Waleed Mohamed wrote:

Dear Ali,

With regret

Waleed

Thanks

Ali, I tried now translating the new XLIFF files you just sent me using Trados TagEditor and they are much easier.

OK, now no problem Ali with the files, but I have one technical question now:
Suppose that I have finished translating an XLIFF file, in what format should I deliver such file?
I should go to "File" menue and then save it as what? bilingual or target or what?

I know Ali I may caused a headache to you, but I appreciate your kind help!

So, I am up to my word. My assignment will be delivered in time ISA.

Now, please check with Patrick why the invitation link did not work for me, or kindly ask him to send another invitation with a link that may work this time.

Thanks Ali for all your help!

By the way Ali, is there any online messenger you use? If so, please tell me to stay in touch with you online if you don't mind. I have your Yahoo ID on my messenger but you dont' seem online all the time.

Best regards,

Waleed

[Edited at 2007-02-07 18:58]

Ali Al awadi
Türkiye
English to Arabic
+ ...
My yahoo messenger for whoever wants it Feb 7, 2007

Waleed Mohamed wrote:

Ali Alawadi wrote:

Waleed Mohamed wrote:

Dear Ali,

With regret

Waleed

Thanks

Ali, I tried now translating the new XLIFF files you just sent me using Trados TagEditor and they are much easier.

OK, now no problem Ali with the files, but I have one technical question now:
Suppose that I have finished translating an XLIFF file, in what format should I deliver such file?
I should go to "File" menue and then save it as what? bilingual or target or what?

I know Ali I may caused a headache to you, but I appreciate your kind help!

So, I am up to my word. My assignment will be delivered in time ISA.

Now, please check with Patrick why the invitation link did not work for me, or kindly ask him to send another invitation with a link that may work this time.

Thanks Ali for all your help!

By the way Ali, is there any online messenger you use? If so, please tell me to stay in touch with you online if you don't mind. I have your Yahoo ID on my messenger but you dont' seem online all the time.

Best regards,

Waleed

[Edited at 2007-02-07 18:58]

Dear colleagues
My yahoo messenger is [email protected]
I am online most of the time even if I appear invisible. Please feel free to contact me for any thing related to the files...

Thank you

Hebat-Allah El Ashmawy
Hebat-Allah El Ashmawy  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 07:28
Italian to Arabic
+ ...
Arabic localization Feb 7, 2007

of course,I like to join this team!
thank you for this kind invitation
Hebat-Allah El Ashmawy

Ali Al awadi
Türkiye
English to Arabic
+ ...
You are welcome Heba Feb 8, 2007

Hebat-Allah El Ashmawy wrote:

of course,I like to join this team!
thank you for this kind invitation
Hebat-Allah El Ashmawy

Sorry Heba for not responding as soon as should be. I read your post some minutes ago. You are welcome to the team. I will contact you soon asking your help with translating certain files.

Best Regards
ProZ localization Team

Mona Ragaei
Mona Ragaei
Kuwait
Arabic
+ ...
may i participate? Feb 10, 2007

is that volunteer work open to non-member also ?

may I participate?

Soledad Azcona
Soledad Azcona  Identity Verified
Brazil
English to Spanish
+ ...
Volunteer for localization of the site into Arabic Nov 5, 2007

Dear all,

It's great to know there are many professional translators willing to volunteer their work for the localization of the site into Arabic.

At the moment we have a team of translator's working with the project http://www.proz.com/teams/438, but volunteers, users and members, are always welcome to the team.

To compensate their efforts, site localizers are provid
... See more
Dear all,

It's great to know there are many professional translators willing to volunteer their work for the localization of the site into Arabic.

At the moment we have a team of translator's working with the project http://www.proz.com/teams/438, but volunteers, users and members, are always welcome to the team.

To compensate their efforts, site localizers are provided with promotion throughout ProZ.com for one year once the localization team has been added to the localization page. Specifically:

- All team members will receive recognition in their profiles ("This translator helped to localize ProZ.com into {language}")

- All team members will be listed, with photos and optional bios, on the localization team page for their language. Search engine optimized links will point to these localization team bios from most ProZ.com pages when viewed in that team's language.

- Team members will also receive a search engine optimized link to their profiles from the bottom of most ProZ.com pages when viewed in their language.

This promotion is significant, as it provides a substantial boost to the "page rank" of these translators' ProZ.com profiles in search engines such as Yahoo! and Google, resulting in an increase in client traffic. (ProZ.com's main pages have the highest page ranks in the industry, and these are inherited by pages we link to.)

Team volunteers will receive Browniz when their translated files are uploaded by the team leader (3 browniz for each word translated/1 brownie for each word checked.

If you are interested in participating in the project please contact me at [email protected].

Greetings from Argentina,

Soledad Azcona
ProZ.com Staff
Collapse

Ammar Mahmood
Ammar Mahmood
Iraq
English to Arabic
+ ...
Good day, team members Nov 13, 2007

Dear team members,
On 6 November, I joined the Arabic Localization Team and started downloading files. I downloaded two so far. I put three posts on http://www.proz.com/topic/87160, as Soledad advised to do. But I found no communication from any body. I felt as if working alone. Now, I think that this is the forum in which you are contacting each other.
At the beginning, I had some problems w
... See more
Dear team members,
On 6 November, I joined the Arabic Localization Team and started downloading files. I downloaded two so far. I put three posts on http://www.proz.com/topic/87160, as Soledad advised to do. But I found no communication from any body. I felt as if working alone. Now, I think that this is the forum in which you are contacting each other.
At the beginning, I had some problems with the file format, but then I made it.
On Nov. 8, I suggested the following:

Dear team members,
What do you think of using "harakat" (dhamma, fathha. kasra, shadda, sukoon) in the localized Arabic version of ProZ?
We all use standard Arabic when we translate and this feature is characteristic of standard Arabic, which I believe to be of great importance in form and content of our localized version.
Looking forward to your posts.

Ammar
……………………..
Dear Ali Al awadi,
It seems that I had some technical difficulty trying to contact you to express my willingness to join the team. I sent you two emails through ProZ and received no reply. I don't know if you allow me to add you to my messenger list, since I read your post in which you provided your messenger as [email protected].
Hope to get into contact with you.

Ammar
Collapse

Assem Mazloum
Assem Mazloum  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:28
Member (2007)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Dear All Nov 14, 2007

Hello Dear fellows,

Should you have any questions or need help please dont hesitate to contact me, I'd be more than glad to offer advice and help.

MSN : [email protected]

Yahoo: freeangello

or simply send a MSG through the site.

Assem

Wa'ad Younane
Wa'ad Younane
Lebanon
English to Arabic
+ ...
If it is still possible Nov 19, 2007

I would like to volunteer too if it is still possible.

My best regards to everyone

Soledad Azcona
Soledad Azcona  Identity Verified
Brazil
English to Spanish
+ ...
Team workers are welcome! Nov 19, 2007

Hi Wa'ad,

Yes, of course! Volunteers are always welcome to the team, either to finish up the lastt pahse of the localization or to continue with maintenance later on.

I will contact you privately and let you know all details to join the team.

Kind regards,

Soledad.

Wa'ad Younane
Wa'ad Younane
Lebanon
English to Arabic
+ ...
Thank You Soledad... Nov 19, 2007

... I will be waiting for your message!

Hamid Hajami
Hamid Hajami  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 12:28
French to Arabic
+ ...
تعريب بروز Jan 4, 2008

شرف لي أن انضم إلى الفريق المكلف بتعريب بروز. لدي تجربة في ترجمة مواقع الانترنيت و واجهات برامج الحاسوب كما ساهمت في تعريب واجهة ترانزلاتورز كافي . و على استعداد للتنسيق مع كافة الزملاء و الزميلات الكرام
أتمنى للفريق التوفيق في هذه المهمة
تحياتي

[Modifié le 2008-01-04 11:48]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Attention / مطلوب متطوعين لتعريب بروز

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »