John Colangelo  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:02
Member (2006)
Arabic to English
+ ...
Nov 25, 2006

Hi everybody,
Now that I have some free time, I wanted to kindly ask all of those Arabic translators who were interested in participating in the localization project to please confirm their initial interest, so that I may get in touch with Patrick and have your names included on the list of the people who will make up the localization team. The following people are either already on the team or have requested to become part of the team:

Zeinab Asfour
Ehab Tantawy
... See more
Hi everybody,
Now that I have some free time, I wanted to kindly ask all of those Arabic translators who were interested in participating in the localization project to please confirm their initial interest, so that I may get in touch with Patrick and have your names included on the list of the people who will make up the localization team. The following people are either already on the team or have requested to become part of the team:

Zeinab Asfour
Ehab Tantawy
Nadia Said
Moutarjim05
Dr. Hamza Thaljeh
Mohamed Sayed

Now, if I have forgotten anyone and/or someone would like to take this momment to join the team, please post a message on this forum. If Zeinab, agrees we can also use this forum to consult each other in relation with any technical problems we may encounter when translating this site as I will definitely be the person with most questions.

Finally, I want to take this opportunity to sincerely thank all of you for your interest in the Arab localization project. I really hope to learn from all of you.

John Joseph Colangelo
Translator & linguist
Arabic/Spanish/English
Collapse

moutarjim05
moutarjim05
Local time: 06:02
English to Arabic
+ ...
عودة موفقة وميمونة Nov 26, 2006

===========================================
أهلا وسهلا بك الأخ كولانجيلو

نحن في الانتظار للمساهمة في هذا المشروع.ونقدّر جهدك المبذول من أجل لمّ شمل أعضاء فريق ف م ع .

[Edited at 2006-11-26 10:34]

John Colangelo
United States
Member (2006)
Arabic to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
بارك الله فيك أخي المترجم Nov 26, 2006

moutarjim05 wrote:

أهلا وسهلا بك الأخ كولانجيلو

نحن في الانتظار للمساهمة في هذا المشروع.ونقدّر جهدك المبذول من أجل لمّ شمل أعضاء فريق ف م ع .

[Edited at 2006-11-26 10:34]

وأظن الجواب هذا ومثله يكفي للانضمام إلى فريق الترجمة العربي. وأرجو من الآخرين الرد السريع لكي أتصل بالصبور باتريك حتى نبدأ بالعمل الحقيقي

أخوكم: جون جوزيف كولانجيلو

Ali Al awadi
Ali Al awadi  Identity Verified
Türkiye
English to Arabic
+ ...
Localization Project Nov 26, 2006

[quote]John Colangelo wrote:

The following people are either already on the team or have requested to become part of the team:

Zeinab Asfour
Ehab Tantawy
Nadia Said
Moutarjim05
Dr. Hamza Thaljeh
Mohamed Sayed

Hello John,
Firstly congratulations on initiating the so-long-awaited localization project.
But Unfortunately I do not know why you did not add me to the list although I expressed my explicit interest to Patrick.
Moreover Patrick sent me a file and I have already translated it and sent it to him one week ago.

Please count me in the project.

Best Regards

John Colangelo
United States
Member (2006)
Arabic to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ali ... Nov 26, 2006

[quote]Ali Alawadi wrote:

John Colangelo wrote:

The following people are either already on the team or have requested to become part of the team:

Zeinab Asfour
Ehab Tantawy
Nadia Said
Moutarjim05
Dr. Hamza Thaljeh
Mohamed Sayed

Hello John,
Firstly congratulations on initiating the so-long-awaited localization project.
But Unfortunately I do not know why you did not add me to the list although I expressed my explicit interest to Patrick.
Moreover Patrick sent me a file and I have already translated it and sent it to him one week ago.

Please count me in the project.

Best Regards

... consider yourself included!!!

أهلا وسهلا بك يا أستاذي

John Colangelo
United States
Member (2006)
Arabic to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Another member on the team ... Nov 26, 2006

I just got a letter from our colleague Dina Abdo who is a member of Proz. Her profile is at:
http://www.proz.com/profile/101481 . In reality this is wonderful news because our Arab colleagues are really demonstrating the will to work.

John

Ehab Tantawy
Ehab Tantawy  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:02
Member (2006)
English to Arabic
+ ...
WAIting THe STARting POInt Nov 26, 2006

John Colangelo wrote:

Hi everybody,

Zeinab Asfour
Ehab Tantawy
Nadia Said
Moutarjim05
Dr. Hamza Thaljeh
Mohamed Sayed

Now, if I have forgotten anyone and/or someone would like to take this momment to join the team, please post a message on this forum. If Zeinab, agrees we can also use this forum to consult each other in relation with any technical problems we may encounter when translating this site as I will definitely be the person with most questions.

Finally, I want to take this opportunity to sincerely thank all of you for your interest in the Arab localization project. I really hope to learn from all of you.

John Joseph Colangelo
Translator & linguist
Arabic/Spanish/English

Dear Mr. John Colangelo

Thanks for you efforts concerning this TASK.

As You know, i am ready for any ORDERS, waiting the starting point to launch this GREAT PROJECT.

Waiting..............................

Regards,
Ehab

Zeinab Asfour
Zeinab Asfour  Identity Verified
Jordan
Member (2005)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Of course I agree :D Nov 27, 2006

Dear John,
And to all my colleagues, I am looking forward to working with you all Lets get started

والله المستعان

I forgot to mention the following suggestion:
Why don't we create a yahoo emailing group, or exchange e-mails to one of the chat programs and communicate directly through them, it will save us time and
... See more
Dear John,
And to all my colleagues, I am looking forward to working with you all Lets get started

والله المستعان

Why don't we create a yahoo emailing group, or exchange e-mails to one of the chat programs and communicate directly through them, it will save us time and effort.

Awaiting your approval.

Best regards,
Zeinab Asfour

[Edited at 2006-11-27 08:48]

[Edited at 2006-11-27 09:05]
Collapse

John Colangelo
United States
Member (2006)
Arabic to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Good point. Nov 27, 2006

Zeinab Asfour wrote:

Dear John,

والله المستعان

Why don't we create a yahoo emailing group, or exchange e-mails to one of the chat programs and communicate directly through them, it will save us time and effort.

Awaiting your approval.

Best regards,
Zeinab Asfour

[Edited at 2006-11-27 08:48]

[Edited at 2006-11-27 09:05]

I have my gmail chat for really serious stuff. So we can use maybe a gmail or choose another system like you said with a yahoo group. How about we vote on it or wait for what the others have to say.

Yours,

John

Patrick Dotterer
Patrick Dotterer
SITE STAFF
Great!! Added more to the Arabic team Nov 27, 2006

Hey Arabic Localization team!

I've just added most of you to the team, but I can't find the profile for Mohamed Sayed. Could someone please send me his URL or user name? Thanks.

Okay, I think we are ready to get started. I can create a private forum for your team, once I add everyone to the localization page.

Please give me until tomorrow morning to get back to you with the link to the private forum which you all will have access to. Once you have that,
... See more

I've just added most of you to the team, but I can't find the profile for Mohamed Sayed. Could someone please send me his URL or user name? Thanks.

Okay, I think we are ready to get started. I can create a private forum for your team, once I add everyone to the localization page.

Please give me until tomorrow morning to get back to you with the link to the private forum which you all will have access to. Once you have that, the team leaders will be contacting you regarding the strings to be translated.

I appreciate your patience.

Regards,
Patrick
Collapse

John Colangelo
United States
Member (2006)
Arabic to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Boss, Nov 28, 2006

Patrick Dotterer wrote:

Please give me until tomorrow morning to get back to you with the link to the private forum which you all will have access to. Once you have that, the team leaders will be contacting you regarding the strings to be translated.

Regards,
Patrick

Are someof the words in Arabic from the ones I translated from the file you sent me? It is really starting to look nice.

John

Ehab Tantawy
Ehab Tantawy  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Mohamed'S Profile LInk Nov 28, 2006

Patrick Dotterer wrote:

Regards,
Patrick

Hi Patrick
I think this is Mohamed Sayed's Profile Link
http://www.proz.com/profile/568623

Regards,
Ehab

Zeinab Asfour
Zeinab Asfour  Identity Verified
Jordan
Member (2005)
English to Arabic
+ ...
? Nov 29, 2006

EXCSUE ME...
Why isn't my name listed amongst the team members?!
:@

John Colangelo
United States
Member (2006)
Arabic to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Why? Nov 30, 2006

Zeinab Asfour wrote:

EXCSUE ME...
Why isn't my name listed amongst the team members?!
:@

Because you are the boss ...

John Colangelo
United States
Member (2006)
Arabic to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
People ... Nov 30, 2006

Could someone please tell me where our private forum is? Another thing: How do I download strings?

Thanks for your help.

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The localization project ...

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »