Thread poster: Arabic_English
Arabic_English
Arabic_English
United States
Local time: 03:19
English to Arabic
+ ...
Sep 12, 2008

I've translated the following article from English into Arabic and i was wondering if you can give your comments either in arabic or english .Thank you
source text:
Thank you for your order. Please find confirmation below of the items that you have ordered. Please verfiy the details below are correct, and contact us immediately if you need to change any of these details. We will always contact you once your order has been dispatched, so you will know when to expect it.

... See more
I've translated the following article from English into Arabic and i was wondering if you can give your comments either in arabic or english .Thank you
source text:
Thank you for your order. Please find confirmation below of the items that you have ordered. Please verfiy the details below are correct, and contact us immediately if you need to change any of these details. We will always contact you once your order has been dispatched, so you will know when to expect it.

www.proz.com

Target text :

نشكرك على اختيار شركتنا للتسوق .الرجاء تثبيت أسماء البضع التي طلبتها مع التأكد من صحة المعلومات أدناه.اذا كنت تريد تغيير أي من هذه المعلومات،يرجى الاتصال فورا بالشركة. سنقوم بالاتصال بك فور ارسال طلبيتك حتى تكون على علم مسبق بموعد الاستلام.

[Edited at 2008-09-12 20:02]
Collapse

Fuad Yahya
Fuad Yahya  Identity Verified
Arabic
+ ...
You need a professional editor Sep 12, 2008

The translation work you did can benefit from corrective editing. I would suggest you hire one.

Arabic_English
Arabic_English
United States
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you Sep 13, 2008

thank you for the comment.I really appreciate it.
could you please explain your point more ?

Sam Berner
Sam Berner  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 17:19
Member (2003)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Spelling and punctuation errors Sep 13, 2008

Yes, you could benefit from hiring a real translator

Arabic_English
Arabic_English
United States
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you Sep 17, 2008

thank you for your comment.
best regards,

Stephen Franke
Stephen Franke
United States
Local time: 00:19
English to Arabic
+ ...
Edit the original English-language text first Sep 18, 2008

Subject: Business note - Edit the original English-language text first

Greetings... taHaiya Tayyiba wa b3ad...

Separate from the useful comments provided by colleagues in this thread, you might advise your customer to ask the original writer to edit and smoothen the English text, especially that last sentence.

Hope this helps. Khair, in shaa' Allah.

Regards,

Stephen H. Franke
San Pedro, California

[Edited
... See more
Subject: Business note - Edit the original English-language text first

Greetings... taHaiya Tayyiba wa b3ad...

Separate from the useful comments provided by colleagues in this thread, you might advise your customer to ask the original writer to edit and smoothen the English text, especially that last sentence.

Hope this helps. Khair, in shaa' Allah.

Regards,

Stephen H. Franke
San Pedro, California

[Edited at 2008-09-18 16:33]
Collapse

Arabic_English
Arabic_English
United States
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Sep 19, 2008

thank you very much for the comment .It's of great help.

Sometimes the original text itself requires correction (language structure) before proceeding with the translation .

kind regards,

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

question

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »