Payment not received

This discussion belongs to Translation news » "Payment not received".
You can see the translation news page and participate in this discussion from there.

Lilit Avetiqyan
Lilit Avetiqyan  Identity Verified
Armenia
Local time: 13:29
English
+ ...
Payment not received May 20, 2022

Hi everyone. I have completed a project which I got via my Proz.com page and haven’t received my payment. They also don’t respond to my messages or calls. What can I do? Please help.

Michael Newton
Michael Newton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:29
Japanese to English
+ ...
payment not received May 21, 2022

If they do not respond, give them a big "1" on the Blue Board. If they persist in ignoring your requests for payment, you might ask Proz staff to ban them from posting new jobs. It might be difficult to bring legal action from Armenia, it depends on where they are located.

Lilit Avetiqyan
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Dina Lebedeva

Lilit Avetiqyan
Armenia
English
+ ...
Will still wait for a couple of days and if I still don't get it will follow your advice. Thank you. May 21, 2022

Michael Newton wrote:

If they do not respond, give them a big "1" on the Blue Board. If they persist in ignoring your requests for payment, you might ask Proz staff to ban them from posting new jobs. It might be difficult to bring legal action from Armenia, it depends on where they are located.

Angie Garbarino
Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:29
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
Also enter the non payment report May 21, 2022

It is very useful, because staff will contact them for asking the reason of non payment, this in most cases will work, (in my experience)

Best!

Dina Lebedeva

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 10:29
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Adding to what Angie said... May 21, 2022

I must say that Proz staff has been very helpful every time I have submitted a non-payment report (two or three cases), and I got paid in a few days. Send all the proof you have (emails exchanged and/or PO, etc.) with your non-payment report.

Angie Garbarino
Dina Lebedeva

Lilit Avetiqyan
Armenia
English
+ ...
Thank you so much for you advice. I will follow it. May 21, 2022

Angie Garbarino wrote:

It is very useful, because staff will contact them for asking the reason of non payment, this in most cases will work, (in my experience)

Best!

Lilit Avetiqyan
Armenia
English
+ ...
Thank you very much for your advice. May 21, 2022

Teresa Borges wrote:

I must say that Proz staff has been very helpful every time I have submitted a non-payment report (two or three cases), and I got paid in a few days. Send all the proof you have (emails exchanged and/or PO, etc.) with your non-payment report.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Payment not received

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »