Study of jazz players shows common brain circuitry processes music and language

This discussion belongs to Translation news » "Study of jazz players shows common brain circuitry processes music and language".
You can see the translation news page and participate in this discussion from there.

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:10
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Talkin' Feb 24, 2014

Jazz musicians have always known this. Well done to the big brains at Johns Hopkins for having discovered the obvious !

Stefano Papaleo
Stefano Papaleo  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 02:10
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
Science and all that jazz Feb 24, 2014

I agree with you but let's just look at it this way: now we have scientific evidence it was really obvious)

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:10
Member (2008)
Italian to English
For example Feb 25, 2014

Stefano Papaleo wrote:

I agree with you but let's just look at it this way: now we have scientific evidence it was really obvious)

The conversation between these three:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1uLH-GoZjc

Fiona Grace Peterson
Fiona Grace Peterson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 02:10
Italian to English
Talkin' Mar 2, 2014

Tom in London wrote:

Jazz musicians have always known this. Well done to the big brains at Johns Hopkins for having discovered the obvious !

Jazz musicians may always have known this, but since the world (and this site) is not made up of jazz musicians, but of laymen and language professionals respectively, I think it's pretty interesting!

For the record, I play jazz but didn't know, obviously don't have your brains, Tom...

Thanks for sharing!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Study of jazz players shows common brain circuitry processes music and language

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »