Thread poster: Gary Hess
Gary Hess
Gary Hess  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:51
German to English
+ ...
May 12, 2011

I have Transit NXT SP 4.

I have a client that wants me to insert non-breaking spaces in certain locations, but try as I might, I can't get Transit to display them. In "User preferences | Special characters", I set "Display non-break spaces as" to show something, but still nothing displays.

Anybody familiar with this issue?

Thanks!
Gary Hess

Benjamin Phister (X)
Benjamin Phister (X)  Identity Verified
French to English
Works fine for me May 12, 2011

I have non-breaking spaces set to "SP", and they are displayed correctly (e.g. before a colon in a FR text). I'm using NXT SP 4 as well.

What type of non-breaking spaces are you trying to display?

Ben

Gary Hess
Gary Hess  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
reply May 12, 2011

Hi Ben,

I'm trying to insert ordinary non-breaking spaces using "Edit | Character map | Spaces + Dashes | NON BREAK. SPACE". Are there any other possibilities that I'm overlooking? I can insert a space, but it displays just like an ordinary space so it's impossible to proofread.

Perhaps it's a problem with Windows 7 64-bit. I have noticed some other oddities using Transit NXT on this computer, e.g. when I type ctrl-F to open the Find/Replace menu, initially the "Find Ne
... See more
Hi Ben,

I'm trying to insert ordinary non-breaking spaces using "Edit | Character map | Spaces + Dashes | NON BREAK. SPACE". Are there any other possibilities that I'm overlooking? I can insert a space, but it displays just like an ordinary space so it's impossible to proofread.

Perhaps it's a problem with Windows 7 64-bit. I have noticed some other oddities using Transit NXT on this computer, e.g. when I type ctrl-F to open the Find/Replace menu, initially the "Find Next" button is hidden. I have to manually expand the box to see it at the bottom.

Thanks,
Gary
Collapse

Benjamin Phister (X)
Benjamin Phister (X)  Identity Verified
French to English
Could be a Win64 problem May 13, 2011

Sorry but I can't help. The non-breaking spaces appear correctly on my 32-bit Windows 7 system.

You might try to contact Star Transit support.

Ben

Gerald Dennett
Gerald Dennett  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:51
German to English
+ ...
Alt+0160 May 16, 2011

Try using Alt+0160 for your NB space. It works for me, but then I am on 32-bit Win7.
Gerald

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Displaying non-breaking spaces in Transit NXT

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »