Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Финляндия
Local time: 16:22
Член ProZ.com c 2003
финский => немецкий
+ ...
May 4, 2010

I'm evaluating Transit NXT. I thought I would be able to use old translations I had delivered to customers during the last few years from Satellite. They are TXF-files. During re-installation of Windows I lost all working files from the Transit Satellite period, but I have the original files the customers sent me and the files I sent back.
NXT does not recognise TXF, but when I change the filename to PXF it opens at least the dictionaries. But when I want to open the language pair, I shoul
... See more
I'm evaluating Transit NXT. I thought I would be able to use old translations I had delivered to customers during the last few years from Satellite. They are TXF-files. During re-installation of Windows I lost all working files from the Transit Satellite period, but I have the original files the customers sent me and the files I sent back.
NXT does not recognise TXF, but when I change the filename to PXF it opens at least the dictionaries. But when I want to open the language pair, I should localise the source file. How should I proceed?

Regards
Heinrich
Collapse

Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
Франция
Local time: 15:22
Член ProZ.com
английский => венгерский
+ ...
PXF and TXF files are practically zip files May 4, 2010

Hi Heinrich,

If you open the original PXF files, everything should work fine, except that the translation files are almost empty – just like when you receive a new project.
The translated file is zipped in the txf file, so open the txf file with an unzipper, close the language pair in Transit, copy the target language file (.fin file) to the Transit folder and reopen the project. It should now contain the original source file (.eng) and the updated target file (.fin).
... See more
Hi Heinrich,

If you open the original PXF files, everything should work fine, except that the translation files are almost empty – just like when you receive a new project.
The translated file is zipped in the txf file, so open the txf file with an unzipper, close the language pair in Transit, copy the target language file (.fin file) to the Transit folder and reopen the project. It should now contain the original source file (.eng) and the updated target file (.fin).

Kind regards,
Attila
Collapse

Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Член ProZ.com c 2005
английский => чешский
+ ...
rename to zip May 4, 2010

If you rename the TXF files to bear the .zip extension, the processing may be facilitated a bit.

Antonin

Brand Localization
Brand Localization
Египет
немецкий => арабский
+ ...
Change the extension to *.zip May 4, 2010

Attila is correct.

Based on that information, here is a simple procedure:

1- Change the extension of both the original PXF and the translation TXF to *.zip

2- Then from the TXF folder copy the files with the extension of the target language pair (for example *.deu for German or *.ENG for English UK) and paste them into the the folder of the PXF. This will overwrite the untranslated target files with your translated target files.

3- Chang
... See more
Attila is correct.

Based on that information, here is a simple procedure:

1- Change the extension of both the original PXF and the translation TXF to *.zip

2- Then from the TXF folder copy the files with the extension of the target language pair (for example *.deu for German or *.ENG for English UK) and paste them into the the folder of the PXF. This will overwrite the untranslated target files with your translated target files.

3- Change the extension of the PXF folder from zip back to PXF.

4- Use NXT to receive (unpack) the modified PXF, into which you added your translated target language files.

Then you should find the project in NXT already including your translation.

In this way you can convert any project from
Transit PE
Transit XV Workstation or Smart

into NXT.

For Transit XV Pro, simply send a PXF and receive it directly in NXT.

best regards

Your ATT
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Финляндия
Член ProZ.com c 2003
финский => немецкий
+ ...
Автор темы
Now I understood May 4, 2010

Thanks ATT and Attila. Now I see my translation.
Regards
Heinrich

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Чехия
английский => чешский
+ ...
Add-in for PXF/TXF files May 6, 2010

AFAIK, there is also an add-in available that will enable Transit NXT recognize PXF/TXF files. Just for info...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Модератор(ы) этого форума
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TXF/PXF how can I proceed?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »