Autor vlákna: Marinus Vesseur
Marinus Vesseur
Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Kanada
Local time: 18:25
angličtina -> nizozemština
+ ...
Jun 21, 2005

Just as I was getting used to some of the idiosyncrasies and workarounds that working with Trados requires, this happened: after installing MS Proofing Tools the Trados menu became invisible. The word Trados is there in the Word 2003 standard menu bar on top of the page, I can click on it and a nearly invisible window 'appears'. I can see the vague outline of it. Since some of the commands are only accessible in this menu, I'm unable to work with it on this pc. Luckily I have a laptop so I can d... See more
Just as I was getting used to some of the idiosyncrasies and workarounds that working with Trados requires, this happened: after installing MS Proofing Tools the Trados menu became invisible. The word Trados is there in the Word 2003 standard menu bar on top of the page, I can click on it and a nearly invisible window 'appears'. I can see the vague outline of it. Since some of the commands are only accessible in this menu, I'm unable to work with it on this pc. Luckily I have a laptop so I can do something. But if anyone has an idea, I'd much appreciate.
Kind regars, Marinus
Trados 6.5, Windows XP SP2, Office 2003, Proofing Tools 2003.
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Německo
Local time: 03:25
angličtina -> němčina
+ ...
What happens if you deactivate MS Proofing Tools? Jun 21, 2005

Hi Marinus,
A while ago I had a similar problem with the Adobe Acrobat menu, which 'killed' the Trados menu. What happens if you deactivate MS Proofing Tools (assuming that they also use macros embedded in a template)?

Best regards,
ralf

Marinus Vesseur
Kanada
+ ...
AUTOR TÉMATU
MS Proofing cannot be deactivated Jun 21, 2005

Ralf Lemster wrote:
What happens if you deactivate MS Proofing Tools (assuming that they also use macros embedded in a template)?
ralf

Thank you for replying but it doesn't work. MS Proofing is a makro that cannot be removed from the makro menu. I've removed all other templates and add-ins I could find but to no avail. By the way, if I click on the word 'Trados' in the standard menu bar the Trados toolbar disappears. I can only get it back by clicking on TW4Win in 'View/Toolbars'. Even then, it looks different from the other toolbars: the background colour of it has disappeared. Is there a risk in re-installing Trados?

Shang
Shang
Čína
Local time: 09:25
angličtina -> čínština
run 'Register Trados 6.5 ...' again Jun 21, 2005

Marinus Vesseur wrote:

Just as I was getting used to some of the idiosyncrasies and workarounds that working with Trados requires, this happened: after installing MS Proofing Tools the Trados menu became invisible. The word Trados is there in the Word 2003 standard menu bar on top of the page, I can click on it and a nearly invisible window 'appears'. I can see the vague outline of it. Since some of the commands are only accessible in this menu, I'm unable to work with it on this pc. Luckily I have a laptop so I can do something. But if anyone has an idea, I'd much appreciate.
Kind regars, Marinus
Trados 6.5, Windows XP SP2, Office 2003, Proofing Tools 2003.

Please run 'Register Trados 6.5 ...' again. Configuration file is modified each time you add one or more components of MS Office.

If this doesn't work, please copy TRADOS6.dot from \Template folder on your install CD and paste it under D:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\STARTUP folder. And then restart Office.

Marinus Vesseur
Kanada
+ ...
AUTOR TÉMATU
Trados.dot replaced. Jun 21, 2005

Shang wrote:
Please run 'Register Trados 6.5 ...' again. Configuration file is modified each time you add one or more components of MS Office.

If this doesn't work, please copy TRADOS6.dot from \Template folder on your install CD and paste it under D:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\STARTUP folder. And then restart Office.

Did both and it worked. Old Trados.dot may have been corrupted. Thanks a million!

joaquinmoreno
joaquinmoreno
němčina -> španělština
+ ...
didn't work for me Jul 8, 2006

[[/quote]

If this doesn't work, please copy TRADOS6.dot from \Template folder on your install CD and paste it under D:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\STARTUP folder. And then restart Office. [/quote]

It looks like I have a similar problem. Some time ago I installed the Proofing Tools and now the Trados menu doesn't open
... See more
[[/quote]

If this doesn't work, please copy TRADOS6.dot from \Template folder on your install CD and paste it under D:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\STARTUP folder. And then restart Office. [/quote]

It looks like I have a similar problem. Some time ago I installed the Proofing Tools and now the Trados menu doesn't open up properly. I get the same funny window described above.

I ran Register Trados 6.5 again and pasted TRADOS6.dot into the STARTUP folder. However, the only thing that's different now is, when I open a Word doc, a window pops up, telling me that "macros have been disabled. Please refer to the online-help etc."

Any suggestions? Thank you very much in advance.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados menu in Word has become invisible

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »