Word dictionary
Thread poster: ex-pat
ex-pat
ex-pat  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:53
English to Slovak
+ ...
Dec 8, 2007

A while back someone posted nice application that was doing the following: If there is any word on the screen highlighted and then this "W" icon clicked afterwards, the word in question appeared with his definition. This "W" icon was sitting next to the clock at the right hand bottom.
Due to my computer crash I had to reinstall everything and I lost this wonderful "W". Can someone help me to locate it for download. I remember that I got it fro ProZ from somebody.
Thank you

... See more
A while back someone posted nice application that was doing the following: If there is any word on the screen highlighted and then this "W" icon clicked afterwards, the word in question appeared with his definition. This "W" icon was sitting next to the clock at the right hand bottom.
Due to my computer crash I had to reinstall everything and I lost this wonderful "W". Can someone help me to locate it for download. I remember that I got it fro ProZ from somebody.
Thank you

Gabriel
Collapse

Gina Ferlisi
Gina Ferlisi
Member (2008)
Italian to English
word web Dec 8, 2007

The "w" was wordweb here is the link for the download :

http://wordweb.info/free/

i am sure its this . as i also have it next to the clock on my pc

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 16:53
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
I can also recommend CleverKeys Dec 8, 2007

If you highlight a word in any application and press the shortcut keys (Ctrl + L is default, but you can change it), you are taken to explanation page either in Dictionary.com or Thesaurus.com- by your choice.

http://www.cleverkeys.com/ck.html?p=home

Uldis

ex-pat
ex-pat  Identity Verified
English to Slovak
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Gina and Uldis Dec 8, 2007

thank you kindly. Superb. That's what I was looking for.

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:53
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
ABBYY Lingvo can do that as well Dec 9, 2007

You can set up automatic pop-up translation of a word you point to in any application.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word dictionary

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »