Decrypt pdf files
Thread poster: linadia
linadia
linadia
French to Arabic
+ ...
Oct 1, 2007

Hello,

I have encrypted a folder containing pdf files. When I decrypted the content of the folder, some of the files remained encrypted and I'm not able to open them any more. I get the following error when I try to open them in Adobe Acrobat 6.0: "There was an error opening this document. Access denied.

One more thing, the encrypted files' names appears in green.

Thanks,
Nadia

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 15:40
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Maybe I can help? Oct 1, 2007

If you'd send these files to me, I can try to decrypt them. I can't guarantee success, but I can try.

Please email to uldis at tulko.lv

And yes, PDF Password remover is a must in our profession- every second day we receive such encrypted files, only permission for which is to view them on screen. And sure, the client himself never has a clue of the password, it was lost years ago together with the employee who left the Company...

Uldis

PS. I ca
... See more
If you'd send these files to me, I can try to decrypt them. I can't guarantee success, but I can try.

Please email to uldis at tulko.lv

And yes, PDF Password remover is a must in our profession- every second day we receive such encrypted files, only permission for which is to view them on screen. And sure, the client himself never has a clue of the password, it was lost years ago together with the employee who left the Company...

Uldis

PS. I can try to remove protection from individual PDF files, I have never yet met encripted folder.

U.

[Rediģēts plkst. 2007-10-01 22:58]
Collapse

Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 14:40
English to Swedish
+ ...
Ghostscript - free and works great! Oct 2, 2007

Hi Nadia,

There has been numerous threads about this in the past.

I tried many applications that were recommended here. Most of them are trial-ware with severe limitations.

But there is one freeware that works flawlessly: Ghostscript + GSview frontend! You should install both for GUI handling.

Re
... See more
Hi Nadia,

There has been numerous threads about this in the past.

I tried many applications that were recommended here. Most of them are trial-ware with severe limitations.

But there is one freeware that works flawlessly: Ghostscript + GSview frontend! You should install both for GUI handling.

Read here for a full rundown:
http://www.proz.com/post/466612#466612

/Jan
Collapse

Mulyadi Subali
Mulyadi Subali  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 19:40
English to Indonesian
+ ...
decrypting a folder Oct 2, 2007

maybe this: http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/encrypt_to_decrypt_file.mspx?mfr=true could help.

Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 14:40
English to Swedish
+ ...
Nadia, please specify! Oct 4, 2007

This all depends on two factors:
- What OS is Nadia running? XP, Vista, older Windows, maybe even Mac?
- How did Nadia encrypt the folder in the first place? Straight in Explorer, or with a third party application?!

/Jan

linadia
linadia
French to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
My replies Oct 7, 2007

Dear all,
Thank you all for your advice and kind help.

To Uldis,
Actually the files are mostly in Arabic. Thank you for offering to help. I will send you an e-mail.

To John Doe,
Thank you for the URLs. Unfortunately, I could not make use of the software you recommended.
I use Windows xp. I encrypted the folder through the options in its properties.

To Mulyadi,
Thank you for the link. I have already tried those steps and it decr
... See more
Dear all,
Thank you all for your advice and kind help.

To Uldis,
Actually the files are mostly in Arabic. Thank you for offering to help. I will send you an e-mail.

To John Doe,
Thank you for the URLs. Unfortunately, I could not make use of the software you recommended.
I use Windows xp. I encrypted the folder through the options in its properties.

To Mulyadi,
Thank you for the link. I have already tried those steps and it decrypted some files and left some encrypted.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Decrypt pdf files

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »