Local time: 16:42
Member (2007)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Jun 6, 2007

Hi,

How are you?

I have a question for you:

The fonts in my computer (window xp/pc) with a "O" icon, but the fonts my client sent to me with a "a" icon. Why? They could not install mine I sent to them, and I could not install theirs. Do they use Mac?

I appreciate it.

Chunbiao

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:42
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Open Type versus PostScript Jun 6, 2007

O shows, that this is an Open Type font. A description of it is provided here.
A shows, that this is a PostScript font. A description may be found here, however there is not only a font, but much more described.

With Windows XP you should be able to install PostScr
... See more
O shows, that this is an Open Type font. A description of it is provided here.
A shows, that this is a PostScript font. A description may be found here, however there is not only a font, but much more described.

With Windows XP you should be able to install PostScript fonts and your customer should be able to install any Open Type fonts. Maybe you tried to do so without having adminstrator rights.
When you are logged as administrator drag and drop the font files to your Windows font folder. Plese remember, that PosScript fonts do often need two files per font, placed in different folder. In such case use the Windows font manager tool to install fonts. Go to Start, Control Panel, Fonts and from menu File select Add font.

Regards
Jerzy
Collapse

Dr. Chun Biao Li
Dr. Chun Biao Li
United States
Local time: 16:42
Member (2007)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I appreciate it Jun 6, 2007

Hi, Jerzy,
With your help, I fixed this problem.
Thank you very much and best wishes,
Chunbiao Li, MD, MS.
www.route-to-china.com
www.biomedproofreading.com

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Font issue

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »