Andrea Re
Andrea Re  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:46
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I am not totally inept...... Jul 12, 2005

....OK, I have found out what to do (whether it is worth the hassle, I will leave the reader to decide).

After asking the Italian Forum of TB and getting pretty much nowhere, I found the answer I was looking for in the american version.

To make a long story short(-er), what I had to do was to create the following file (User_name and XXX depend on the user and the computer used)

C:\Documents and Settings\User_name\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\XXX.de
... See more
....OK, I have found out what to do (whether it is worth the hassle, I will leave the reader to decide).

After asking the Italian Forum of TB and getting pretty much nowhere, I found the answer I was looking for in the american version.

To make a long story short(-er), what I had to do was to create the following file (User_name and XXX depend on the user and the computer used)

C:\Documents and Settings\User_name\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\XXX.default\chrome\userChrome.css
(it reads css, with no space.... I can't get rid of it, but let's not get into this....)

and add the following lines

#attachmentView {
height: 120px !important;
overflow: scroll !important;
border-top: 2px solid !important; }

Now it works a treat: I have a not-so-wee (adjustable) window with a scroll bar at the bottom of it which is big enough for me to read a good deal about the e-mails within the digest I receive every day (without having to read the whole lot). Since the window for the attachments is now bigger than the one in Outlook, I feel much happier (but there again I do lead a SAD life:).

My problem must originate from the version of TB that I downloaded (1.0.4 I believe)

For those who are interested, a couple of links:

http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/ (in English)
http://www.mozillaitalia.org/thunderbird/ (in Italian)

I wish to thank Giovanni Guarnieri and Jeremy Smith for the assistance they have given me.

Andrea (not totally inept:))

[Edited at 2005-07-12 10:02]

[Edited at 2005-07-12 10:02]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Mozilla thunderbird

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »