Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Norton AntiVirus subscription ends - what other products are recommendable?
Thread poster: Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
barbara jarczak (X)
barbara jarczak (X)  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 23:24
Dutch to French
+ ...
There are beter antivirus than Norton. Jun 17, 2005

Sonja Tomaskovic wrote:

My subscription to the Norton AntiVirus update will expire in a month. I just wanted to update but got a notice that my specific version (AntiVirus 2003) is no longer supported, which means that I can extend my subscription but won't receive any support in case the software itself gets damaged or does not work.

They do offer a "special price" for upgrading to a more recent version (along with some other software that I don't need), but before I make a decision I wanted to know what other choices I have.

I've heard a lot about McAfee and AVG AntiVirus. The latter one offers a subscription period of two instead of only one year, as McAfee and Symantec do.

I am not dissatisfied with Symantec just don't feel like upgrading to a fancy bundle that I really don't need.

Any comments appreciated.

TIA.

Sonja
Dear Sonja, I have had Norton for 2 years, but then I discovered PC Cillin from Trend micro and for the same price, I find it very very good and feel now safe with my PC. Just try it!
Best regards, Barbara Jarczak

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 00:24
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
F-Secure Jun 17, 2005

I run F-secure since last automn and happy with it. Mail is scanned automatically and bugware is removed, but the messages come through.
With Antivir I had never any trouble, but when once it found a virus it deleted the whole mail folder. When I switched to ZoneAlarms Antivirus package I found out there were several viruses on my hard-disc, which Antivir never had mentioned.
There is no free lunch, and the 70 Euro for F-Secure seem well spent.
Regards
Heinrich

Lorena Grancelli
Lorena Grancelli  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
AVG Free Edition Jun 17, 2005

Hi Sonja,

My husband and I have been using the AVG free edition for 3+ years now and it is great. We have two machines and a small network to share the broadband connection. This program proved to be very reliable, neither of us has had a virus since we downloaded that free version.
You can get it here: www.grisoft.com
You can also set all the parameters for email scanning, daily automatic
... See more
Hi Sonja,

My husband and I have been using the AVG free edition for 3+ years now and it is great. We have two machines and a small network to share the broadband connection. This program proved to be very reliable, neither of us has had a virus since we downloaded that free version.
You can also set all the parameters for email scanning, daily automatic updates, and some other features.
I would highly recommend it!

Lorena
Collapse

lien
lien
Netherlands
English to French
+ ...
AVG Jun 18, 2005

Luna wrote:

Hi Sonja,

You can also set all the parameters for email scanning, daily automatic updates, and some other features.
I would highly recommend it!

I completely agree with the above.
I also use AVG free for 5 years, I never had a virus (it catches everything and put it in a vault where you can delete it yourself) or a problem with it. It install and uninstall very easily (if needed) and I update manually every day when I start to work.

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2003)
English to Czech
+ ...
Another antivirus... Jun 18, 2005

...to add to your collection is Kaspersky AntiVirus. The latest version Kaspersky AntiVirus Personal MP3 (to be released in June, I think) has some interesting features.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Norton AntiVirus subscription ends - what other products are recommendable?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »