Thread poster: Profile
Canada
Local time: 19:27
Member (2009)
English to Korean
+ ...
Jun 6, 2005

Hi, all,

In order for the client to be able to see, how do you do when your client doesn't have a Korean font for Excel file?
Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Jean
www.amazonhealthcare.com

uFO
uFO  Identity Verified
South Korea
Local time: 20:27
Korean to English
+ ...
two suggestions Jun 7, 2005

Hi Jean,

You can try to convince your client to set up Korean fonts (Settings>Conrol Panel>Regional and Language Options>Languages>Details and pick Korean). However, if the Asian fonts are not installed, the client would have to install them using the Windows CD, which is kind of a hassle...

Alternatively, you can send the file as a pdf, if you client does not mind.

Hope this helps.

[Edited at 2005-06-07 00:07]

Canada
Member (2009)
English to Korean
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Save it as a PDF? Jun 7, 2005

Hi, there,

Thanks. Do you mean I should save it as a PDF file meaning putting the extention PDF after the file name?

Jean
Mississauga,
www.amazonhealthcare.com/korean

uFO wrote:

Hi Jean,

You can try to convince your client to set up Korean fonts (Settings>Conrol Panel>Regional and Language Options>Languages>Details and pick Korean). However, if the Asian fonts are not installed, the client would have to install them using the Windows CD, which is kind of a hassle...

Alternatively, you can send the file as a pdf, if you client does not mind.

Hope this helps.

[Edited at 2005-06-07 00:07]

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 01:27
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Do you have Adobe Acrobat (full version)? Jun 7, 2005

jis wrote:
Do you mean I should save it as a PDF file meaning putting the extention PDF after the file name?

Jean, you cannot save a file in another format just changing the extension. To do this you should use a special application (software). Could you please tell me if you have Adobe Acrobat in your computer (not Adobe Reader!). Please confirm if you have it or no, then I will tell you what to do further.

Otherwise, you may send your files to me and I will convert them for you. Please write me through my profile if you want me to help you.

[Edited at 2005-06-07 13:51]

Canada
Member (2009)
English to Korean
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No Adobe Acrobat Jun 7, 2005

Hi, Natalie,

Thanks for another person's help follow-up. I don't have a full version of Adobe Acrobat. I'll send you the file throuh your profile.

Jean
www.amazonhealthcare.com

Natalie wrote:

jis wrote:
Do you mean I should save it as a PDF file meaning putting the extention PDF after the file name?

Jean, you cannot save a file in another format just changing the extension. To do this you should use a special application (software). Could you please tell me if you have Adobe Acrobat in your computer (not Adobe Reader!). Please confirm if you have it or no, then I will tell you what to do further.

Otherwise, you may send your files to me and I will convert them for you. Please write me through my profile if you want me to help you.

[Edited at 2005-06-07 13:51]

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 01:27
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
OK, waiting for the file Jun 7, 2005

Please don't paste the contents into the body of the message, send the file as an attachment to my address (I have just replied you).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Excel - no Korean font

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »