Rahi Moosavi  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 19:51
Member (2004)
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
May 5, 2005

Hi

I want to protect my mailbox from spammers and would like to know about the best spam killers around.

Your input is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Rahi

Aleksandr Surkov
Aleksandr Surkov
Estonia
Local time: 02:51
English to Russian
+ ...
spamkiller May 5, 2005

Hi

I'm using it and I'm happy with it.
http://us.mcafee.com/root/product.asp?productid=msk

PAS
PAS  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:51
Polish to English
+ ...
Mailwasher May 5, 2005

You can find it here:

www.mailwasher.net

They've gone commercial now, but if you root around the web, there are still older, freeware versions to be found for download.

One nice thing it does is that it bounces back spam, making it look like your address is invalid in the more or less vain hope the spammers w
... See more
You can find it here:

www.mailwasher.net

They've gone commercial now, but if you root around the web, there are still older, freeware versions to be found for download.

One nice thing it does is that it bounces back spam, making it look like your address is invalid in the more or less vain hope the spammers will cross it off their list.
It integrates with MS Outlook.

Still, the best way to avoid spam is to avoid giving away your email address in all kinds of forums, discussion lists, surveys - anywhere they require an email address to "register".

I have a separate address just for that purpose. Sure, it gets spam, but that's about all, because all my business and private mails go somewhere else.

HTH
Pawel Skalinski
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spam killers

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »