How to realize 100% converion from .pdf to .doc or .rtf in characters and format?
Thread poster: Roy Zhang
Roy Zhang
Roy Zhang
Local time: 23:16
English to Chinese
+ ...
Apr 1, 2005

Dear fellows,

Is there any tool or process for this conversion? This can be a very help solution to many localization projects.

Thank you for your input!

Best regards,

Roy

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:16
English to German
+ ...
Howto & forum search Apr 1, 2005

Hi Roy,
This is probably one of the most frequently discussed issues in this forum - use the new forum search to find numerous topics.

There's also a Howto on the subject, which has been put together by Natalia, a fellow moderator.

HTH, Ralf

Vulpe
Vulpe
Local time: 18:16
English to Romanian
Readiris Pro 8 Apr 1, 2005

This is a good conversion program particularly for format. It converts from any image file such as .pdf, .jpg, .tif etc. into .rtf. It's good for English and some other several languages: Arabic, Frech, something like that. You can download the free demo for 30 days. Make a search on the Internet. Hope it will help you.

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
Time for a sticky Apr 1, 2005

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Roy,
This is probably one of the most frequently discussed issues in this forum - use the new forum search to find numerous topics.

There's also a Howto on the subject, which has been put together by Natalia, a fellow moderator.

HTH, Ralf

Does this forum support stickies? If so, I think it's about time to make a PDF sticky.

Balasubramaniam L.
Balasubramaniam L.  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 20:46
Member (2006)
English to Hindi
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
PDF to Word conversion Apr 2, 2005

I tried one of the conversion programmes (BCL) but encountered two problems:

1. Each line of the word document or each paragraph is converted into a new text box. In a large document, joinig these text boxes together manually can be a pain.

2. The programme failed to convert Hindi text properly, giving junk instead. It is probably not unicode compatible.

Are there any solutions to these? Are these problems common to all pdf-word converters or only to the on
... See more

1. Each line of the word document or each paragraph is converted into a new text box. In a large document, joinig these text boxes together manually can be a pain.

2. The programme failed to convert Hindi text properly, giving junk instead. It is probably not unicode compatible.

Are there any solutions to these? Are these problems common to all pdf-word converters or only to the one I used?

Regards,
Balasubramaniam
Collapse

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
Lines ending in paragraph marks Apr 13, 2005

Balasubramaniam wrote:

Are there any solutions to these? Are these problems common to all pdf-word converters or only to the one I used?

Regards,
Balasubramaniam

At least the first problem you mention is definitely common with PDF, as it is my understanding that each line in a PDF file ends with a paragraph mark. One more reason to ask the client for the original files, if you ask me.

Regards,
Benjamin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to realize 100% converion from .pdf to .doc or .rtf in characters and format?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »