Herman Boel (X)
Herman Boel (X)  Identity Verified
Belgie
Local time: 04:42
angličtina -> nizozemština
+ ...
Aug 17, 2011

Hi all,

I have created an Excel file with in the first column a lot of often made errors in my native language and a second column with the correction.

I would like to find a way to check and see if one or more of the 'often made errors' occurs in my translation (albeit in Word, TTX or whatever format). So basically, check whether one or more of the terms or phrases in the first column of my Excel file occur in my translated text.

Does anyone have any idea
... See more
Hi all,

I have created an Excel file with in the first column a lot of often made errors in my native language and a second column with the correction.

I would like to find a way to check and see if one or more of the 'often made errors' occurs in my translation (albeit in Word, TTX or whatever format). So basically, check whether one or more of the terms or phrases in the first column of my Excel file occur in my translated text.

Does anyone have any idea whether this is possible and how this can be done?

Thanks!
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Nizozemsko
Local time: 04:42
Člen (2006)
angličtina -> afrikánština
+ ...
Blacklist Aug 17, 2011

Alta Verba wrote:
I would like to find a way to check and see if one or more of the 'often made errors' occurs in my translation (albeit in Word, TTX or whatever format).

In WF, this is called a blacklist, and you can perform a blacklist check on a file after the translation is done (or during the translation, segment by segment).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderátor/moderátoři tohoto fóra
Natalie[Call to this topic]
Prachya Mruetusatorn[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

finding errors in a translation from a preconfigured list

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »