Auteur du fil: Lifeng Yang (X)
Lifeng Yang (X)
Lifeng Yang (X)  Identity Verified
Chine
Local time: 07:08
anglais vers chinois
+ ...
Jul 27, 2011

When I prepare textflow for translation workflow (so that I can import textflow into CAT environment), often I have to copy text from PDF into a plain text editor, manually fix the broken paragraphs (that is, to remove those redundant paragraph marks), which is boring, but can't be automated.

This morning I saw the translator recruiting info on proz. Submit my own bid. Then I visit ICENI website to check this software.

After downloading, installing and opening one of my
... See more
When I prepare textflow for translation workflow (so that I can import textflow into CAT environment), often I have to copy text from PDF into a plain text editor, manually fix the broken paragraphs (that is, to remove those redundant paragraph marks), which is boring, but can't be automated.

This morning I saw the translator recruiting info on proz. Submit my own bid. Then I visit ICENI website to check this software.

After downloading, installing and opening one of my editable PDF, I am stunned.

It is just like Illustrator/InDesign/FrameMaker editing mode!!!!

I got non-breaking paragraph. I got paragraph marks. I got textbox around every piece of text!!!

I've been dreaming for this kind of soft for a long time. But it's the first time ever I see it in reality.

And the Translate / Export functionality!

I bet it's many LSP's dreaming feature.

You guys must read a lot PDF developing documentations before doing this.

Need a little more time, to trial and review Infix Editor.
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Espagne
Local time: 01:08
Membre (2005)
anglais vers espagnol
+ ...
Quite OK, but not perfect Jul 27, 2011

I entirely agree: InFix is quite a handy tool for translators.

However, it is far from being perfect. I have used it a lot and can say that reimported text will not fit all nicely automatically. You will still have to resize boxes, replace fonts in many cases (to fonts containing the special characters of the target language), apply line breaks where they were incorrectly removed (in lists of features or product specifications, for instance)... It also creates problems with document
... See more
I entirely agree: InFix is quite a handy tool for translators.

However, it is far from being perfect. I have used it a lot and can say that reimported text will not fit all nicely automatically. You will still have to resize boxes, replace fonts in many cases (to fonts containing the special characters of the target language), apply line breaks where they were incorrectly removed (in lists of features or product specifications, for instance)... It also creates problems with documents containing complex vectorial images (parts of the vectorial image disappearing/becoming hidden).

I fully recommend InFix, but good knowledge of formatting is a must in order to use it.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A little review about Infix

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »