Tópico cartaz: Natalia Pedrosa (X)
Natalia Pedrosa (X)
Natalia Pedrosa (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:56
inglês para espanhol
+ ...
Jun 1, 2011

Hello,

What I am asking be me complicated for me and maybe simple for you.
Here it goes:

I have a request to take a test translation in xml.itd files using Trados 7 Freelance.

It's not the first time I encounter this problem and I would like to settle it once and for all, that's why I am asking for your help.

Any ideas on how to handle these files for translation?

All help will be really appreciated.

See more
Hello,

What I am asking be me complicated for me and maybe simple for you.
Here it goes:

I have a request to take a test translation in xml.itd files using Trados 7 Freelance.

It's not the first time I encounter this problem and I would like to settle it once and for all, that's why I am asking for your help.

Any ideas on how to handle these files for translation?

All help will be really appreciated.

Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Holanda
Membro (2006)
inglês para africâner
+ ...
XML or ITD Jun 1, 2011

Natalia Pedrosa wrote:

If the XML file has an ITD file extension, then it is not an XML file anymore, but an ITD file that was converted from an XML file. ITD files can be translated using SDL Edit Lite (which can sometimes be exported/imported via Trados 2007). I'm not sure if you can translate and ITD file directly in Trados 2007.

Nurettin Ceylan
Nurettin Ceylan  Identity Verified
Turquia
Local time: 02:56
Membro (2009)
inglês para turco
You need SDL Trados Jun 1, 2011

You cannot translate the itd extension files with Trados 7. You need a SDL Trados version and then you can use either SDL Edit or TagEditor for translating.

Natalia Pedrosa (X)
Natalia Pedrosa (X)  Identity Verified
inglês para espanhol
+ ...
CRIADOR(A) DO TÓPICO
A thousand thanks Jun 1, 2011

Hi Nurettin and Samuel,

Thanks for your replies. I have tried to import/export the file as well as using Tag Editor to no avail. I'm afraid Nurettin is right, I need SDL or something alike.

I'm afraid I'll have to put off this client for the time being.

Have a wonderful week!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

XML FILES

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »