Gmail Motion
Thread poster: Els Hoefman
Els Hoefman
Els Hoefman  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:20
English to Dutch
+ ...
Apr 1, 2011

Google is launching a revolutionary new system called Gmail Motion. More information can be found here: http://mail.google.com/mail/help/motion.html

I am particularly interested in future possibilities such as Google Docs Motion, which would allow us to use this new method in our daily translation activities. Just imagine the difference this would make! We could be working and wo
... See more
Google is launching a revolutionary new system called Gmail Motion. More information can be found here: http://mail.google.com/mail/help/motion.html

I am particularly interested in future possibilities such as Google Docs Motion, which would allow us to use this new method in our daily translation activities. Just imagine the difference this would make! We could be working and working out at the same time!
Collapse

Derek Gill Franßen
Derek Gill Franßen  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
In memoriam
LOL Apr 1, 2011

Where can I sign up?! The "paralanguage expert" convinced me: This is going to be the next best thing since sliced bread!

I also can't wait for the Trados interface I heard they've announced should hit the market later this month. Just think of the pounds I will shed; this is almost better than my snuggie!

Katalin Szilárd
Katalin Szilárd  Identity Verified
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Funny April's Fool gag :-)) Apr 1, 2011

Els Hoefman wrote:

I am particularly interested in future possibilities such as Google Docs Motion, which would allow us to use this new method in our daily translation activities. Just imagine the difference this would make! We could be working and working out at the same time!

Hi Els,

I am also interested in this kind of feature: when you receive offers by e-mail like "Can you translate this text till tomorrow (volume 7000 words) for (the lowest rate you have ever seen)?" or "We have a very tight budget **this time ** but more jobs will come later ..." and actually the client could see my body language after reading such offers.

Best regards,
Katalin

[Edited at 2011-04-01 11:47 GMT]

Ahmet Murati
Ahmet Murati  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Albanian
+ ...
seriously funny Aprill's Fool gag Apr 1, 2011

I am software developer and this practically processable with current technologies

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Gmail Motion

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »