Does anyone know anything about a translation agency called Gree-Best?
Thread poster: Pierfrancesco Proietti
Pierfrancesco Proietti
Pierfrancesco Proietti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 07:58
Member (2015)
English to Italian
Dec 14, 2023

They say they are based in Hong Kong but I couldn't find anything about them on the Net....

Paola Giardina
satishafd

Ekaterina Timofeeva
Ekaterina Timofeeva  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Russian
+ ...
I also would like to know Dec 15, 2023

Hello, I am also interested to know something about them, as I have got an email from them today with an offer to translate some documents. Did you get more news about them?

Paola Giardina

Nikolay Novitskiy
Nikolay Novitskiy  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 10:58
Member (2018)
English to Russian
The same thing Dec 15, 2023

I just received a job offer from them and was unable to find any details on this company. I asked them to make a full advance payment to start working with them - no answer. Hope it helps.

Paola Giardina

Zea_Mays
Zea_Mays  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
No website? No company email address? Dec 15, 2023

Without these elements, what is the chance that this is a legitimate agency?
Doesn't it smell fishy that a company can't be found on the web in a digital world?
Did they contact you through ProZ? If yes, from which profile? What info do you see on this profile?

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Ornella Parodi
Paola Giardina

Nataliia Ihnatushchenko
Nataliia Ihnatushchenko
Ukraine
Local time: 08:58
English to Russian
+ ...
Gree-Best translation agency Dec 15, 2023

Received a job offer from them today from [email protected] (looks like chinese domain). ASked them to reply with web site or profile link. Nothing so far.
I would not recommend to open their files, could cause problems:

"Hello nice to meet you. Are you Russian translator? We are Gree-Best translation agency. Our base is in Hongkong, We have 3 English documents need translate into Russian, Can you download the 3 attached f
... See more
Received a job offer from them today from [email protected] (looks like chinese domain). ASked them to reply with web site or profile link. Nothing so far.
I would not recommend to open their files, could cause problems:

"Hello nice to meet you. Are you Russian translator? We are Gree-Best translation agency. Our base is in Hongkong, We have 3 English documents need translate into Russian, Can you download the 3 attached files?
The rate is 0.07 EURO, We accept Paypal or banktransfer payment methods, Deadline is 18th 9 pm of London time. Can you do it? I'm glad to hear your news."

[Редактировалось 2023-12-15 13:59 GMT]

[Редактировалось 2023-12-15 18:10 GMT]
Collapse

Nikolay Novitskiy
Paola Giardina
Fabienne Nyffenegger

Nataliia Ihnatushchenko
Nataliia Ihnatushchenko
Ukraine
Local time: 08:58
English to Russian
+ ...
UDP/translation agency called Gree-Best Dec 15, 2023

they have responded with web site address https://www.ccjk.com/
but there is a silance after I asked to continiue communicate about formalization of the working relations from the official email or proz.com profile, as name on the website does not fit the announced one.

Paola Giardina

Ornella Parodi
Ornella Parodi
Argentina
Local time: 02:58
English to Spanish
+ ...
SAME EMAIL Jan 5

Hi,
I've also received an email to know whether I was an English>Spanish translator and asking me to open the three files attached. I haven't opened them. It looks suspicious because I couldn't find them on the web. If someone happens to know more about this, I'd appreciate the info

[Edited at 2024-01-05 14:08 GMT]

Paola Giardina

Ana Castellano
Ana Castellano
United States
Local time: 22:58
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same here Jan 5

I received the same email for Spanish, did not find anything about them. Attached documents were missing on my email.I did not answered them

Paola Giardina

Paola Giardina
Paola Giardina  Identity Verified
Argentina
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
I got the same email today - seems to be SPAM Jan 5

Spanish>English Translation
Recibidos
甜甜

12:20 (hace 4 minutos)

para bcc: mí

Hello nice to meet you. Are you Spanish translator? We are Gree-Best translation agency. Our base is in Hongkong, We have 3 Spanish documents need translate into English, Can you download the 3 attached files?
The rate is 0.07 EURO, We accept Paypal or banktransfer payment methods, Deadline is 11 am , 7th January of London time. Can you do it?Can you finni
... See more
Spanish>English Translation
Recibidos
甜甜

12:20 (hace 4 minutos)

para bcc: mí

Hello nice to meet you. Are you Spanish translator? We are Gree-Best translation agency. Our base is in Hongkong, We have 3 Spanish documents need translate into English, Can you download the 3 attached files?
The rate is 0.07 EURO, We accept Paypal or banktransfer payment methods, Deadline is 11 am , 7th January of London time. Can you do it?Can you finnish all translation within 48 hours? I'm glad to hear your news.

ATTACHMENTS (NOT DOWNLOADED) !!!!

从QQ邮箱发来的超大附件
Poder de Distribución - Nicaragua - FARMACIA 2023.docx (19.0KB, 无限期)
进入下载页面
PODER DE REPRESENTACIÓN OT - GT.docx (15.2KB, 无限期)
进入下载页面
Copia de Solicitud Trámite de Registro - Sistema Wintide.xlsx (63.3KB, 无限期)
进入下载页面
Collapse

Enzo Ezequiel Placereano
Enzo Ezequiel Placereano
Argentina
Member (2020)
English to Spanish
I got the same yesterday! Jan 6

The email was this:
"Hello nice to meet you. Are you Spanish translator? We are Gree-Best translation agency. Our base is in Hongkong, We have 3 Spanish documents need translate into English, Can you download the 3 attached files?
The rate is 0.07 EURO, We accept Paypal or banktransfer payment methods, Deadline is 11 am , 7th January of London time. Can you do it?Can you finnish all translation within 48 hours? I'm glad to hear your news."

I asked for an official webpage
... See more
The email was this:
"Hello nice to meet you. Are you Spanish translator? We are Gree-Best translation agency. Our base is in Hongkong, We have 3 Spanish documents need translate into English, Can you download the 3 attached files?
The rate is 0.07 EURO, We accept Paypal or banktransfer payment methods, Deadline is 11 am , 7th January of London time. Can you do it?Can you finnish all translation within 48 hours? I'm glad to hear your news."

I asked for an official webpage and word count. They answered with an empty email.
Collapse

Gabriela Rodriguez
Gabriela Rodriguez
Argentina
Spanish
+ ...
I got the same email yesterday (twice) Jan 8

I looked the agency in Internet and there is nothing.

Laura Silva
Laura Silva  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
I got the same email today Jan 11

I got the same email too, a few minutes ago!
The email address is [email protected], and it's from an English to French translation. I researched "Gree-Best translation agency", and it led me to this thread. I couldn't find anything else.

"Hello nice to meet you. Are you French translator? We are Gree-Best translation agency. Our base is in Hongkong, We have 1 English file needs translate into French, Can you download the
... See more
I got the same email too, a few minutes ago!
The email address is [email protected], and it's from an English to French translation. I researched "Gree-Best translation agency", and it led me to this thread. I couldn't find anything else.

"Hello nice to meet you. Are you French translator? We are Gree-Best translation agency. Our base is in Hongkong, We have 1 English file needs translate into French, Can you download the attached file?
The rate is 0.07 EURO, the file has 1200 words We accept Paypal or banktransfer payment methods, Deadline is tonight Can you do it?Can you finnish it tonight? I'm glad to hear your news."
Collapse

Fabienne Nyffenegger
Fabienne Nyffenegger  Identity Verified
France
Member (2020)
French to German
+ ...
Got the same message today Jan 11

甜甜

À cci : moi
Hello nice to meet you. Are you French translator? We are Gree-Best translation agency. Our base is in Hongkong, We have 1 English file needs translate into French, Can you download the attached file?
The rate is 0.07 EURO, the file has 1200 words We accept Paypal or banktransfer payment methods, Deadline is tonight Can you do it?Can you finnish it tonight? I'm glad to hear your news.

从QQ邮箱发来的超大附件
DCF-833 说�
... See more
甜甜

À cci : moi
Hello nice to meet you. Are you French translator? We are Gree-Best translation agency. Our base is in Hongkong, We have 1 English file needs translate into French, Can you download the attached file?
The rate is 0.07 EURO, the file has 1200 words We accept Paypal or banktransfer payment methods, Deadline is tonight Can you do it?Can you finnish it tonight? I'm glad to hear your news.

从QQ邮箱发来的超大附件
DCF-833 说明书.doc (847.0KB, 无限期)
进入下载页面
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does anyone know anything about a translation agency called Gree-Best?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »