Scammer wendy w ([email protected]) and Yashvi Shah ([email protected])
Thread poster: Oleg Golyubin
Oleg Golyubin
Oleg Golyubin  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 14:48
Member (2016)
English to Russian
+ ...
Oct 26, 2023

Scammers always use free email addresses, not corporate ones.

And I guess, that this Wendy W with the email [email protected] and Yashvi Shah with the email [email protected] is the same person. Both of them are scammers.

Yashvi Shah is easilly checked by Proz. Palikh Info Solutions on Proz put a special banner on the blueboard informin
... See more
Scammers always use free email addresses, not corporate ones.

And I guess, that this Wendy W with the email [email protected] and Yashvi Shah with the email [email protected] is the same person. Both of them are scammers.

Yashvi Shah is easilly checked by Proz. Palikh Info Solutions on Proz put a special banner on the blueboard informing that this person is a scammer. So, when I received an offer from this person to make a French-German translation at the price 0.15 USD per word on Saturday, September 23, 2023, I checked him on Proz on September 24 and refused to work with him.
And on the same day Wendy W appeared with the same offer, word by word and with the same font in the email. The style is the same: the signature with the real translation company addresses, phones and sites.

It looks like this:

Regards,

Yashvi Shah

Project Coordinator

316, Gemstar Commercial Complex,

Kanch Pada, Malad (W),

Mumbai 400064

Mob: +91 9833721704

www.ParikhInfoSolutions.com

Translation | Transcription | Subtitling

Localization | Dubbing | VO | CAD | GIS

But he copied the address with mistakes, and that seemed suspicious to me.

As for Wendy W, she (or he) wrote to me in the same style and offered the same job but at the price 0.12 USD.

Her signature is like this:

Best regards,

Wendy

www.eliontech.com

CONTACT

Singapore: 1 Orchid Club Road, Orchid Country Club SCH # 02-32, Singapore 769162

Tel: +65 6589 8369

Hong Kong: Room 1009, 10/F, Cheung Hing Industrial Building, No.23 Tai Yip Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong

Tel: +852-66115019

Shanghai: Room 107, Tower 2, No. 236 M-Town, HaiQu Road, PuDong New District, Shanghai, China

Tel: +86 21 5067 5889

www.proz.com/blueboard/52037

If you check the Eliontech company that she allegedly represents, the Blue board is ideal.

I worked with this Wendy W since July 28, 2023 till September 25, 2023. I asked her why she used a gmail.com address. She replied that project managers had technical issues with email. And it was already in September after my translators made jobs for her in July and August. She also refused to give me an accountant’s email, I sent all my invoices to her indicating Eliontech details there.

Let us go back to the beginning.

It seemed strange to me that she gave me a rush order from English into Thai on Saturday, August 28, 2023. I checked the Eliotech site, it was a real company with a good reputation on proz, on the same day I searched for information about this Wendy W by this name and email but there were no alerts on Proz and in Yandex and Google search. Nothing. So, I trusted this person and made translations at very attractive prices 0.10-0.13 USD per word (English-Thai, English-Spanish, English-Polish, German-English and French-German) for the total amount 6914 USD that I never received. I had to pay 4200 USD to my translators from my pocket since August till November 2023, this amount became my losses.

Payment conditions were 60 days after invoicing, she promised to pay the 1st part of the payment by Paypal on September 29 but she tried to scam a Belgian translation company Verlingua on September 29, 2023. She sent them a fake invoice having inserted my name and a fake paypal address. I revealed this after the Company manager wrote to me and sent me this fake invoice. I discovered the scam attempt. Wendy W denied this when I asked her about this fake invoice with my name.

She assured me that she would pay me the 1st part of my fees by the end of September but on the payment day, September 29, she wrote: “Sorry, our country is currently on holiday. I will reply to you when I return to the office in 8 days.” And no reply after that. And no money.

Eliontech is a strange company that does not care about its reputation. They put a reminding info that “[email protected] is not our email address “ on their website in the lowest part of it where practically no one goes. They have not put the information about Wendy W on Proz even until now. Maybe, they are scammers too? Maybe, they work with her together robbing translators? It’s my guess only. And I am not the only one cheated by this Wendy W because the reply from the official Eliontech email [email protected] was this: “We've received several emails asking the similar issue”. If they received, why did not they file a claim to police to stop this scammer? They are both in Singapore - Eliontech and Wendy W.

Of course, this Wendy W will make another address, will select a new nick and will continue to rob translators.

There is the only way to check if this person is a scammer or not: to write an email to the official Company email asking about the “project manager’s” email and name. If the company says that this person is not their employee, refuse to work with this scammer.

And in this situation, who should I suit in coгrt for this fraud? And how?
Collapse

Dalia Nour

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 12:48
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Same company? Dec 27, 2023

I recently received three emails from this company by that WendyW.
I don't know if they're scammers or not, but they use the address @eliontech.com.
The first one was a bit strange because they addressed me with some questions as if I had contacted them, which I never did... I didn't even know this company!
In their second email, they wished me their happy holidays and asked about my availability. I did not reply...
In the third one, they said they had a document to tran
... See more
I recently received three emails from this company by that WendyW.
I don't know if they're scammers or not, but they use the address @eliontech.com.
The first one was a bit strange because they addressed me with some questions as if I had contacted them, which I never did... I didn't even know this company!
In their second email, they wished me their happy holidays and asked about my availability. I did not reply...
In the third one, they said they had a document to translate from English to Portuguese (PT), they attached an NDA to sign and asked me again about my rates and if I used Trados Studio or not.
I replied to the first and third emails, clearly emphasising my rates and the NDA I obviously didn't sign!
I only sign a document like this when I'm sure that everything is aligned on my part and the client's part.
After I sent my replies, I didn't receive any further email from them.
Well, I don't know if they're really the same scammers or not, but the truth is that these contacts, although they seem legitimate, have raised my eyebrows...
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Scammer wendy w ([email protected]) and Yashvi Shah ([email protected])

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »