Thread poster: S_G_C
S_G_C
S_G_C
Romania
Local time: 09:54
English to Romanian
Mar 30, 2023

[email protected]

I am exposing this email address here because they have just sent me another email that does not concern me at all.
It is the second time they do this.
The first time I hit the "Reply" button and indicated I SHOULD NOT be exposed to such data.
The data in the email seem to be some sort of invoice which includes personal information I really do not need to know (company names, ban
... See more
[email protected]

I am exposing this email address here because they have just sent me another email that does not concern me at all.
The first time I hit the "Reply" button and indicated I SHOULD NOT be exposed to such data.
The data in the email seem to be some sort of invoice which includes personal information I really do not need to know (company names, bank accounts, amounts paid).
I will delete it, like I did with the first one, but still...
Collapse

Andriy Yasharov
Andriy Yasharov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
PPD Mar 31, 2023

The email address [email protected] belongs to PPD, Inc., which is a global contract research organization focused on delivering life-changing therapies.

PPD, Inc. is a legit company.

Henk Boute

Dan Lucas
Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:54
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
Is it genuine? Mar 31, 2023

Sorana_M. wrote:

May seem a silly question, but when you hit the reply button, was the return address the ppdi.com one or something else, such as [email protected]? Very common for scammers to give a big company address - I could change my email to [email protected], for example - but to use a different email entirely for returns.

If the return email points to the same email or somewhere within the same company it may be genuine.

Regards,
Dan

Recep Kurt

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 07:54
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Scam? Mar 31, 2023

I googled it and I can’t find it, but I found here (https://www.ppd.com/who-we-are/company-resources/vendor-resources/accounts-payable-invoicing/) a similar one (without the last “i”): [email protected]

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:54
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
One way to find out Mar 31, 2023

Call them!

It looks legit, but better save than sorry.

S_G_C
S_G_C
Romania
English to Romanian
TOPIC STARTER
Call them? Apr 1, 2023

Robert Rietvelt wrote:

Call them!

It looks legit, but better save than sorry.

I don't make any international calls, sorry. Don't answer any, either.
My mobile subscription doesn't even allow for international calls.

Yasutomo Kanazawa
Yasutomo Kanazawa  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 15:54
Member (2005)
English to Japanese
+ ...
Don't know whether this relates, but Apr 5, 2023

Sorana_M. wrote:

[email protected]

The data in the email seem to be some sort of invoice which includes personal information I really do not need to know (company names, bank accounts, amounts paid).
I will delete it, like I did with the first one, but still...

Is the email something like a phishing scam from fake Amazon where they ask you to enter your personal information, such as credit card numbers or to renew your login credentials? The reason I'm asking is because you wrote that the data in the email seem to be some sort of invoice which has nothing to do with you.

I get similar phishing emails posing to be from Amazon, where somebody I don't know has used my Amazon account to purchase something from them, and in the email body, there are personal information, namely, the buyer's name, physical address, and the date of purchase, which of course, is not me nor somebody I know of. The message in the email tells me that if this is not you, they ask me to change my login information since I have been hacked.

Of course, I know they're 100% fake, so I report them to the "real" Amazon site, since they have an email address called
"[email protected]" which is solely dedicated for reporting spoofs and scam emails guising to be Amazon.

If the contents of the email has nothing to do with you, just trash it straight to the bin.

Anton Konashenok
Anton Konashenok  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 08:54
French to English
+ ...
The address may be genuine, but... Apr 5, 2023

To check whether the address is genuine or spoofed, it is often sufficient to examine the full message headers and check the SPF/DKIM/DMARC entries, which are used to authenticate the message originator and verify originator's authority to send mail in the name of PPD.COM/PPDI.COM (both domains lawfully belong to PPD). However, even if the messages in question are genuine, sending this kind of irrelevant personal information is an obvious violation of data protection regulations. So, one should ... See more
To check whether the address is genuine or spoofed, it is often sufficient to examine the full message headers and check the SPF/DKIM/DMARC entries, which are used to authenticate the message originator and verify originator's authority to send mail in the name of PPD.COM/PPDI.COM (both domains lawfully belong to PPD). However, even if the messages in question are genuine, sending this kind of irrelevant personal information is an obvious violation of data protection regulations. So, one should not write back to that address but directly to PPD's data protection officer. In my experience, even the most unfriendly companies respond to data protection complaints very quickly.Collapse

Peressildur
Peressildur
United States
Does anybody know this email address? Dec 13, 2023

If the email doesn't relate to you and seems suspicious, it's best to delete it to avoid any potential phishing scams. Always trust your instincts when it comes to unsolicited emails with personal information.

P.L.F. Persio

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does anybody know this email address?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »