Thread poster: Salvador Padilla Vargas
Salvador Padilla Vargas
Salvador Padilla Vargas  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 04:59
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 7, 2014

I worked translating several documents for a so called "Global Speech" agency with some doubtful information as far as address and website goes, yet I decided to go ahead and give them a chance. After a month when I requested payment for the work done, the contact/project manager from “Global Speech” told me the client had rejected my work considering it as of low quality.

After insisting on getting feedback from the translation or asking why I had not received any comments soo
... See more
I worked translating several documents for a so called "Global Speech" agency with some doubtful information as far as address and website goes, yet I decided to go ahead and give them a chance. After a month when I requested payment for the work done, the contact/project manager from “Global Speech” told me the client had rejected my work considering it as of low quality.

After insisting on getting feedback from the translation or asking why I had not received any comments soon after I had turned in the documents, the manager of this so called agency simply send me the name and email of the person she called “the client” telling me “you should ask the client directly and try to get your money… they won’t pay you anyway”.
Trying to get to the bottom of this, I email “the client” who turned out to be a respectable agency whose manager I contacted very professionally explained to me the scam I had gotten involved with stolen CVs and handling down of jobs offers from one person to another using fake identities.
They verified that it was me who had actually translated the documents and not a machine or anything like it and gladly established a work relationship with me as well as agreeing to pay for the work done.
Beware of CV scams and fishy agencies …will save you lots of troubles.
Collapse

Katarzyna Slowikova
Katarzyna Slowikova  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:59
English to Czech
+ ...
more retarded than we hoped for May 8, 2014

You've been really lucky to bump into this retard, now you have one more client and a really honest one!
But really, how can those scammers make any profit, if they're such idiots...??? Not that I wished them any profit but just curious....
Anyway, thanks for warning and you should contact these people, if you already haven't:
http://www.translator-scammers.com/

João Roque Dias
João Roque Dias
Portugal
Local time: 11:59
English to Portuguese
About "Global Speech" and the impersonation of "Azul Benito"... May 8, 2014

"Global Speech" is just another façade/spin-off used by LanguageMet to steal CVs and impersonate translators.

This report by the Translator Scammers Directory explains "who" is Global Speech:

http://www.translator-scammers.com/#n45

[Edited at 2014-05-08 15:37 GMT]

Nelly Alejandra Alister
Nelly Alejandra Alister  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 06:59
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Global Speech, a scam Nov 19, 2015

Hello,

The same happened to me and they still keep asking me for translations.

I did a translation few months ago and when I delivered the document, they told me everything was perfect, but never paid me.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Global Speech ...Azul B. Scam

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »