Cécile Sellier
Cécile Sellier  Identity Verified
Georgia
Local time: 06:26
English to French
+ ...
Jun 25, 2013

Hi everyone!

I have searched the forum and haven't found a discussion related to the Longest Webinar (http://longestwebinar.com), but if there is one I'm happy to be redirected to the right topic.

The Longest Webinar started this morning and will be going on until tomorrow evening: it's an attempt at breaking a world record, with a 36-hour-long webinar. It's entirely free, and you ca
... See more
Hi everyone!

I have searched the forum and haven't found a discussion related to the Longest Webinar (http://longestwebinar.com), but if there is one I'm happy to be redirected to the right topic.

The Longest Webinar started this morning and will be going on until tomorrow evening: it's an attempt at breaking a world record, with a 36-hour-long webinar. It's entirely free, and you can log in and out as you like for the duration of the event.

I'm curious to know who's been attending the webinar so far, what sessions you've been listening to and if you've found it interesting/instructive/helpful as a whole.

I attended 4 sessions today:
- The secret weapon of likeability: how to get more people to like you more quickly
- Pinterest and branding for translators
- 3 strategic shifts for rapid business growth
- Is your network working for you?

I must say I've found those sessions quite interesting and have learnt a few things that I can't wait to put into practice to try and develop my business. How about you?

Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts!

Cécile
Collapse

JaneD
JaneD  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 04:26
Member (2009)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Grrr Jun 26, 2013

Ooh, I'm really annoyed that I missed that. I can't believe that there were translators speaking and I hadn't heard about it before now! I wonder if it will be available as a recording?

Cécile Sellier
Cécile Sellier  Identity Verified
Georgia
Local time: 06:26
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
You have until tonight! Jun 26, 2013

Hi Jane,

I don't think it will be available as a recording, but you can still attend today (the webinar finishes at 10pm tonight (UK time)!
I attended "Blogging for translators" this morning, and will attend several others today:
- Facebook for translators
- How to land your first 3 direct clients
- How to use social media to attract more clients

What subjects are you interested in, Jane?

Cécile

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The Longest Webinar

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »