Estelle Demontrond-Box
Estelle Demontrond-Box  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 02:12
English to French
+ ...
Mar 1, 2013

Hi everyone,

I have recently moved to Australia and wish to get back to freelancing as a translator so I am thinking of trying to obtain the NAATI accreditation through overseas qualifications. I have the DipTrans and have been a member of the Institute of Linguists for some time.
Has anybody has the same experience or has any advice or suggestions as to how easy/difficult this is?

Thanks

Estelle

Tony Bennjamin
Tony Bennjamin  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 23:12
Member (2013)
Indonesian to English
+ ...
I want to find Diploma too Mar 1, 2013

I would like to find Diploma in Translation too. Please let me know if there's an online course available in my language (Indonesian). Thank you.

Michelle Doherty
Michelle Doherty
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:12
Spanish to English
+ ...
NAATI accreditation Mar 21, 2013

Estelle,

I got NAATI accreditation by doing the exam but I know there are other ways if you have already been translating in another country. I am actually going the other way - moving to the UK, and from what I can understand the IoL and NAATI systems seem to be quite a similar level so they would likely recognise your qualifications and experience. You can find more information here
... See more
Estelle,

I got NAATI accreditation by doing the exam but I know there are other ways if you have already been translating in another country. I am actually going the other way - moving to the UK, and from what I can understand the IoL and NAATI systems seem to be quite a similar level so they would likely recognise your qualifications and experience. You can find more information here: http://www.naati.com.au/accreditation.html

The exam is a hassle and not cheap either, so if you already have the IoL diploma then I'd highly recommend trying to use that to get accreditation!

Good luck.

Michelle
Collapse

Estelle Demontrond-Box
Estelle Demontrond-Box  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 02:12
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks May 31, 2013

Thank you Michelle!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

NAATI and DipTrans

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »