Powwow: Valencia - Spain

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Valencia - Spain".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Markus Hoedl
Markus Hoedl  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 01:35
English to German
+ ...
Great paella! Nov 13, 2013

Hi Gary,

Hope you are fine! Thanks for organizing another powwow! In case you didn't reserve a place, yet, I have a recommendation for you. Yesterday my wife and I celebrated her birthday and we went to "Barraca Toni Montoliu", north of Valencia. The best paella I've ever eaten (prepared on charcoal!) - and I have eaten many since I'm living in Valencia! Our clothes and my wife's hair still smell the smoke of the charcoal fire...
See more
Hi Gary,

Hope you are fine! Thanks for organizing another powwow! In case you didn't reserve a place, yet, I have a recommendation for you. Yesterday my wife and I celebrated her birthday and we went to "Barraca Toni Montoliu", north of Valencia. The best paella I've ever eaten (prepared on charcoal!) - and I have eaten many since I'm living in Valencia! Our clothes and my wife's hair still smell the smoke of the charcoal fire We paid €24.- for the food which may sound much but they served us several starter dishes (warm and cold fish, ham, cheese, bread, sauces and a big dish of mixed salad) and the paella was so much that we even could take one portion with us which my wife ate today at university. Other than that, we had almost one entire bottle of wine which would have cost €13.- but he charged us only two glasses at €2.- each. And her water bottle and my tea were free! Other than that, I had asked the waiter to bring a birthday surprise with a candle - what he did - and he played "Cumpleaños feliz" on their Hi-Fi set. And they didn't charge anything at all for that! Other than that, they served us a free liqueur after asking the bill. Before lunch, the cook, Antonio ("Toni") Montoliu, enchanted to have a guest from Vienna (many Spanish, when they hear that I'm from Vienna, get excited! ) let us taste the paella from the pan and after lunch he showed us several articles from tourism magazines from all over the world (not only Europe, even the US and China!) where they mentioned e.g. "10 things you have to see in Spain" and he was amongst them! He was very proud and he can be because, as I said, his paella is surely one of the best in all Spain!
The place can easily be reached by subway, it is about 5 mins walk from the station "Meliana". By car it's also easy if you dispose of GPS (who don't, nowadays? )...
Please think about it if you don't have a place in mind, yet.

Looking forward to our next powwow!

Best,
Markus
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Valencia - Spain

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »