Stron w wątku:   < [1 2]
Poll: Do you use the availability calendar in your ProZ.com profile?
Autor wątku: ProZ.com Staff
neilmac
neilmac
Hiszpania
Local time: 01:46
hiszpański > angielski
+ ...
Sometimes Jan 26, 2010

= whenever I remember, which is usually when looking through proz for something else. Monkey see, monkey do...
Although in theory I am ALWAYS available... if the price is right

Jenn Mercer
Jenn Mercer  Identity Verified
USA
Local time: 19:46
Członek ProZ.com
od 2009

francuski > angielski
Well, I use it... Jan 26, 2010

...but like others have mentioned, I have never quite been sure if potential clients actually check it. I also have a bad habit of getting immersed in a project and forgetting to update - oops.

My one wish for an improvement would be for the calendar to be linked with my time zone.

Alexandra Speirs
Alexandra Speirs  Identity Verified
włoski > angielski
+ ...
never noticed it Jan 26, 2010

I must be very lacking in powers of observation, I never even noticed it.
I've set my availability now, thinking that this may be why I rarely get requests through Proz.

Rolf Kern
Rolf Kern  Identity Verified
Szwajcaria
angielski > niemiecki
+ ...
In Memoriam
I wrote "other" Jan 26, 2010

... because sometime I update it and sometime not. I do not "use" it to schedule my work, because for this purpose it is useless.

Cristina Heraud-van Tol
Cristina Heraud-van Tol  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 18:46
Członek ProZ.com
od 2005

angielski > hiszpański
+ ...
Yes Jan 26, 2010

Mike (de Oliveira) Brady wrote:

Does anyone check it?

I don't use the calendar and wonder if any outsourcers make use of it.

Yes, they do check it! In the part where jobs are posted (I know this because I also outsource jobs), you can specify -besides other things- to have a list of all translators available this week, for example. Cause you want to make sure they are available and can finish the work good. Then the list shows the people who are at least 80% available.

Actually, when you get a message to apply for a job, if the outsourcer uses this feature, you can check that he/she has chosen you because you said you were going to be available on a particular day.

So, yes, I use it constantly, and even in advance.

Michael Harris
Michael Harris  Identity Verified
Niemcy
Członek ProZ.com
od 2006

niemiecki > angielski
Always Jan 27, 2010

and I find it annoying when translators do not use it as it wastes time writting e-mails when they know that they are not available.

Stron w wątku:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderatorzy tego forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you use the availability calendar in your ProZ.com profile?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »