Thread poster: Tom in London
Rachel Fell
Rachel Fell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:49
French to English
+ ...
Ghirlandaio Sep 30, 2011

I like the Ghirlandaio one where he looks as though he could be trying to remember an elusive term or phrase

Ildiko Santana
Ildiko Santana  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:49
Member (2002)
Hungarian to English
+ ...

thanks for sharing Sep 30, 2011

Happy International Translators Day everyone!

Thank you Tom, lovely post.

Jenny Forbes wrote:
I liked the Antonello de Messina picture so much that I've downloaded it to "My Pictures" and may make it my screensaver.
How tidy his office is!

I liked it so much that I shared it on my "wall". I don't know about tidy... Most likely there is at least one spider in there somewhere, based on my experience in my home office.. A frequent companion of the freelance translator who's trying to balance professional career and home life!

Thanks again for sharing, have a superb day!

Lany Chabot-Laroche
Lany Chabot-Laroche  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 05:49
Member (2009)
English to French
Happy Translator's day! Sep 30, 2011

My hometown is actually called Saint-Jerome, small 60k town just north on Montreal.

I was actually pretty freaked out when I did learn about what St-Jerome did in my classes

Gennady Lapardin
Gennady Lapardin  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 12:49
Italian to Russian
+ ...
Actually there should be two days of celebration Oct 2, 2011

In the context of celebrating our profession, it would be fair to extend the feast to the next day, Oct 1st, the day of the Missionaries (the larger side of translation). So, the first day in the Holy Land, the second day in Normandie (the homeland to the Small Therese), with firework, coffee, etc.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

St Jerome

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »