论题张贴者: Pedro Serra
Pedro Serra
Pedro Serra  Identity Verified
葡萄牙
Local time: 05:34
English英语译成Portuguese葡萄牙语
Oct 11, 2011

Hi everyone,

My name is Pedro Serra. I've been a translator for a about 3 years now. Even though I have an above average English knowledge, I do not have a certification or any kind of document that testifies it (currently on a Wall Street school to get that "certification"). I do have an excellent recommendation letter from the agency I'm working with.
So the thing is: I want to leave my country (Portugal) in about a year. I've finished my masters and I've left this year to f
... See more
Hi everyone,

My name is Pedro Serra. I've been a translator for a about 3 years now. Even though I have an above average English knowledge, I do not have a certification or any kind of document that testifies it (currently on a Wall Street school to get that "certification"). I do have an excellent recommendation letter from the agency I'm working with.
So the thing is: I want to leave my country (Portugal) in about a year. I've finished my masters and I've left this year to fulfill some personal projects and, mainly, to save up. I've been sending CVs for about two weeks now. I'm considering any translation agency.
My questions are:
1. Have you used the "Applications" section on ProZ? What's the average for an answer? What's the frequency of update of the list?
2. I found the agency I've been working with through one of my university departments. They (the agency) were looking for part-time workers (students). I've read, somewhere in the forum, that there are more companies who specifically target students as their workers. Do you happen to know where I can learn more about these companies?

Pedro
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation agencies

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »