Nadia Said
Nadia Said
Local time: 12:50
Member (2006)
German to Arabic
+ ...
Dec 4, 2007

Dear colleagues,

What are the required procedures to certify a certain translation in Egypt.

What qualifications should a translator have to become eligible to certify a translation?

And should that translation fulfill certain conditions for certification in Egypt?

Any information or past experiences in this regard would be appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance.

Mutarjim97
Mutarjim97
United States
Local time: 05:50
French to Arabic
+ ...
Local Resources Dec 4, 2007

Nadia,
It seems that you are located in Egypt. Perhaps you can contact Egyptian professional associations. It is my understanding that you probably have to go through government sponsored certification programs to be able to produce official translations. In many Arab countries, the Ministry of Justice is a major provider of official testing and regulation.
I think several Egyptian translators in this site can help.
Ma'a Salama

Eman Riesh
Eman Riesh  Identity Verified
Arabic to English
+ ...
Hope to get some answers this time Dec 8, 2007

Dear Nadia,
I've read this question many times, regardless the times I've asked it before!!. But all went with no answer, or you may say no clear and direct answer.

I wish that someone of our generous colleagues in Egypt, who are CERTIFIED will kindly give the key by answering this mysterious question?? Will you, dears?
Till then, my best wishes to you all.
Eman

Omar Al Ruby
Omar Al Ruby
Egypt
English to Arabic
sorry dear Dec 26, 2007

I have just seen your question and I hope to provide you with the answer you are aspiring for.
Most of those who are in the field of translation in Egypt pay no attention whether to be certified or not.But official documents have to be translated by a certified agency.Hence, yoy might ask who certifies them.Sorrowfully, If you have someone in the body where this translation is to be presented you need not to be certified.It is connections my babe.
But If you really want to be certifi
... See more
I have just seen your question and I hope to provide you with the answer you are aspiring for.
Most of those who are in the field of translation in Egypt pay no attention whether to be certified or not.But official documents have to be translated by a certified agency.Hence, yoy might ask who certifies them.Sorrowfully, If you have someone in the body where this translation is to be presented you need not to be certified.It is connections my babe.
But If you really want to be certified, you can go to the Egyptian Translators Association which is to become a syndicate.go to this link http://egyta.com/translation.htm
sincerely yours,
OMAR AL RUBY
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to certify a translation in Egypt.

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »