Marwa Shehata  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 21:01
Member (2010)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Aug 10, 2010

Hi,

Lately I had I job where all I had to do was just to type in Arabic text instead of English text. But the Arabic text came out in separate disconnected letters and also backwards from left to right.

I did not get such problem with other similar files. Just this one.

I have InDesign CS4 ME. Any Idea how to solve this?

Also do you have any idea about how to edit embedded graphs within a master page?

Thank you in Advance.
... See more
Hi,

Lately I had I job where all I had to do was just to type in Arabic text instead of English text. But the Arabic text came out in separate disconnected letters and also backwards from left to right.

I did not get such problem with other similar files. Just this one.

I have InDesign CS4 ME. Any Idea how to solve this?

Also do you have any idea about how to edit embedded graphs within a master page?

Thank you in Advance.

Marwa
Collapse

Abdallah Ali
Abdallah Ali  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:01
English to Arabic
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
A quick suggestion Aug 10, 2010

Hi,

You may want to try to apply the "Apply Adobe World-Ready Composer" option, which you can find under the Type drop-down menu. This may convert the scrambled text into eligible one.

Embedded graphics could lose their quality if edited. Try to get the source graphic file.

HTH

Abdallah

[Edited at 2010-08-10 15:58 GMT]

Marwa Shehata
Marwa Shehata  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 21:01
Member (2010)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Aug 10, 2010

Thank you Abdallah!
This was really helpful. The text looks alright now.
About the graphs I do not have to change the graph itself just the text. Any idea?

Abdallah Ali
Abdallah Ali  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:01
English to Arabic
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Welcome! Aug 10, 2010

Welcome. Glad it worked this way. To avoid such problems in the future, you may want to set up your own paragraph styles, or edit any existing ones in order to display Arabic correctly.

Personally, I prefer to have graphic files from clients and then edit them using a photo editing software.

In this case, I cannot say how much intervention is needed. You may want to create text boxes and place them right on top of the old text. Please note that the text box background n
... See more
Welcome. Glad it worked this way. To avoid such problems in the future, you may want to set up your own paragraph styles, or edit any existing ones in order to display Arabic correctly.

Personally, I prefer to have graphic files from clients and then edit them using a photo editing software.

In this case, I cannot say how much intervention is needed. You may want to create text boxes and place them right on top of the old text. Please note that the text box background needs to match that of the old text in order to have a near original result/quality.

Good luck,
Abdallah
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Question about InDesign CS4

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »