Alami
Alami
Germany
Local time: 20:51
German to Arabic
+ ...
Oct 6, 2008

Hello,

I am currently working on a localization project for a medical software.

When I write my text in Arabic (in Text Editor), I face the problem that the point at the very end of each chapter or before every new line jumps to the right side. Here is an example:
; string: @
; Block ......
@KindBeg_TXT1
هذا التمرين يهدف
إلى مساعدتكم على تحسين الذاكرة.

The question is, do I Have to let
... See more
Hello,

I am currently working on a localization project for a medical software.

When I write my text in Arabic (in Text Editor), I face the problem that the point at the very end of each chapter or before every new line jumps to the right side. Here is an example:
; string: @
; Block ......
@KindBeg_TXT1
هذا التمرين يهدف
إلى مساعدتكم على تحسين الذاكرة.

The question is, do I Have to let the point where it is, or do I have to put it in the right position. I have worked previously on a similar project and have changed the position of the points, but the end result was different, is a bidirectional text editor worth a try for such a situation? Thank you in advance for your help.

[Edited at 2008-10-06 14:31]
Collapse

Alami
Alami
Germany
Local time: 20:51
German to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Oct 8, 2008

Hello,

The problem has been solved. I received a full online-version of the software from the Localization Manager. Now I can introduce the translation and show the results immediately

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Displaying Arabic correctly in Text Editor

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »