Thread poster: dmoamin
dmoamin
dmoamin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:34
Arabic to English
+ ...
Oct 3, 2008

Arabic spell checker in MS 2007. Any idea how to activate the spell checker for Arabic in Microsoft 2007?
I never used the spell checker in Microsoft before, but, I wanted to activated and see how it works. I heard from a friend that it is useless, but, it doesn’t hurt to try it. I have Microsoft 2007 and it is totally different from 2003 and other versions.
I would really appreciate any tips.
Thanks in advance.
Dima

Alaa Zeineldine
Alaa Zeineldine  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 17:34
Member (2002)
English to Arabic
+ ...
It is an additional package Oct 3, 2008

I believe this is an additional package that one has to pay for, about $24.0. See the following link about Office Language packs:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/suites/HA102113691033.aspx

Ayman Medarwash
Ayman Medarwash  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2008)
English to Arabic
+ ...
True Oct 4, 2008

The spell checker in my office 07 never worked right in either En or Ar till I bought the Language pack in a standalone version. It was not that expensive, about 25.00 USD I guess but it is amazing!! I'm not sure if I can email it to you and you still can set it up on your machine!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Arabic Spell Checker in MS 2007

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »