Haigo Salow
Haigo Salow  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:36
Member (2014)
German to English
+ ...
Jun 19, 2018

Today I used Trados for the first time on my new computer, after uploading and activating it. To my horror it opened the translation in Wordpad instead of Word, after clicking on "Print & View" and "Microsoft Word as target", even though I have Word installed on the new computer.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Haigo

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 12:36
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Try removing Wordpad Jun 19, 2018

Perhaps your Wordpad is the default target for docx-files? I got Word spellchecking to work in Studio only after removing old Office-versions and re-installing newest Word-version.

Daniel Williams
Daniel Williams  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:36
Member (2018)
German to English
+ ...
Repairing Word may fix problem Jul 24, 2019

I had a similar problem today (July 2019) and fixed it by doing a 'Quick Repair' of my Office installation in Windows (you can do this from 'Add/Remove Programs'. Select 'Quick repair,' let the wizard do its thing, then try generating the file in Trados again.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio opens in Wordpad not Word

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »