Elisabeth Maurland
United States
Local time: 05:34
Member (2013)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Aug 15, 2017

Hi,

It seems like every time I use WordFast Pro I end up here. I have a MacBook Pro 10.11.6 and WordFast 5. I have a project of 99 glp files with about 13,000 words, and each segment takes about as long or longer to load than it takes to translate. I have chained the files, without noticing any difference, I have tried to only have one file open at a time, but no difference. The TM is pretty big, the PO is for 9000 words. There is no glossary (as far as I can tell), so that is not m
... See more
Hi,

It seems like every time I use WordFast Pro I end up here. I have a MacBook Pro 10.11.6 and WordFast 5. I have a project of 99 glp files with about 13,000 words, and each segment takes about as long or longer to load than it takes to translate. I have chained the files, without noticing any difference, I have tried to only have one file open at a time, but no difference. The TM is pretty big, the PO is for 9000 words. There is no glossary (as far as I can tell), so that is not making it load slowly.

So then I upgraded from 5.0 to 5.1. No changes in loading time, but all the progress bars now say NA! The translations are still there, but I really would like to see my progress. What happened in the upgrade process, and how can I get the progress bars back?

I am still a CAT tool newbie, and I am not liking them so far … Any help with either problem would be welcome!
Collapse

Anne Brackenborough (X)
Anne Brackenborough (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:34
German to English
Same happened here Aug 25, 2017

Same happened to me - only with ongoing translations I'd already started prior to upgrading, but it is worth knowing that this will happen before you make the decision to upgrade, especially if you are in the middle of something long.

I'm on Windows so I don't know how much yours differs, but I've changed to looking at the little boxes right at the bottom of the WF window where it says the number of segments ("Segments: 50/522"), and have worked out the percentages that translates t
... See more
Same happened to me - only with ongoing translations I'd already started prior to upgrading, but it is worth knowing that this will happen before you make the decision to upgrade, especially if you are in the middle of something long.

I'm on Windows so I don't know how much yours differs, but I've changed to looking at the little boxes right at the bottom of the WF window where it says the number of segments ("Segments: 50/522"), and have worked out the percentages that translates to!
Collapse

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 11:34
Member (2006)
French to English
One-time upgrade glitch Aug 26, 2017

Hello,
Projects created before upgrading need to be updated to change the N/A to an actual indicator. To do this, select the project(s), then click on the Recalculate Progress icon. Same for files within a project.

If you are experiencing slowdown problems, please submit feedback via the Help tab, Feedback icon.

Thanks!
John

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Slow loading of segments + lost my progress bars

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »