Haluk Erkan
Haluk Erkan  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 22:09
German to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Eflatun Oct 25, 2012

Hayatta önemli olan, en çok şeye sahip olmak değil, en az şeye ihtiyaç duymaktır.

ATIL KAYHAN
ATIL KAYHAN  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Member (2007)
Turkish to English
+ ...
Bunlar Ingilizce ama... Oct 26, 2012

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.
Aesop

At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet.
Plato (427 - 348 BC)

There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved.
Ms. George Sand (1804 - 1876)

The strongest principle of growth lies in the human choice.
Ms. George Eliot (1819 - 1880)

Look at a person’s light, not their lampshade.
Jerry Jampolsky

... See more
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.
Aesop

At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet.
Plato (427 - 348 BC)

There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved.
Ms. George Sand (1804 - 1876)

The strongest principle of growth lies in the human choice.
Ms. George Eliot (1819 - 1880)

Look at a person’s light, not their lampshade.
Jerry Jampolsky

Beyond all appearances of separation, we are one with the Heart of Love.
Joan Borysenko

When you come right down to it, how many people speak the same language even when they speak the same language?
Russell Hoban

My favorite enemy, the one most easily influenced for the better is the British Empire. But my most formidable opponent is a man named Mohandas K. Gandhi. With him I seem to have very little influence.
Mohandas K. Gandhi (1869 - 1948)

You’re either part of the solution, or you’re part of the problem.
Eldridge Cleaver

He, who excuses himself, accuses himself.
Gabriel Meurier

Everybody is bound to bear patiently the results of their own example.
Phaedrus

Whenever you see a successful business, someone once made a courageous decision.
Peter F. Drucker (1909 - 2005)

You must learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t possibly live long enough to make them all yourself.
Sam Levenson

If a little knowledge is dangerous, where is the man who has so much as to be out of danger?
Thomas Henry Huxley (1825 - 1895)

Leadership is the art of getting someone to do something you want done, because they want to do it.
Dwight David Eisenhower (1890 - 1969)

A reasonable man adapts himself to suit his environment. An unreasonable man persists in attempting to adapt his environment to suit himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
Thomas Edison (1847 - 1931)

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves but wiser people so full of doubts.
Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.
Hector Berlioz (1803 - 1869)

The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.
Alvin Toffler

Anyone can become angry - that is easy. But to be angry with the right person, to the right degree, at the right time, for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not easy.
Aristotle (384 - 322 B.C.)

The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

Great dancers are not great because of their technique; they are great because of their passion.
Ms. Martha Graham (1894 - 1991)

Be the change you want to see in the world.
Mohandas K. Gandhi (1869 - 1948)

It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again because there is no effort without error and shortcomings, who knows the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the high achievement of triumph and who at worst, if he fails while daring greatly, knows his place shall never be with those timid and cold souls who know neither victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.
Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 - 1882)

If you hear a voice within you saying “You are not a painter,” then by all means paint … and that voice will be silenced.
Vincent Van Gogh (1853 - 1890)

Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.
Calvin Coolidge (1872 - 1933)

In the field of observation, chance favors the prepared mind.
Louis Pasteur (1822 - 1895)

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.

If I have seen farther than others, it is because I have stood on the shoulders of giants.
Isaac Newton (1642 - 1727)

It is not enough that you should understand about applied science in order that your work may increase man’s blessing. Concern for man himself and his fate must always form the chief interest of all technical endeavors, concern for the great unsolved problems of the organization of labor and the distribution of goods, in order that the creations of our mind shall be a blessing and not a curse to mankind. Never forget this in the midst of your diagrams and equations.
Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

It is a truth very certain that when it is not in our power to determine what is true we ought to follow what is most probable.
René Descartes (1596 - 1650)

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. He, who knows it not and can no longer wonder, no longer feel amazement, is as good as dead, a snuffed-out candle.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Love is the only gold.
Alfred Tennyson (1809 - 1892)

Love is the connecting tissue of the universe.
Barbara Brennan

Before you can reach to the top of a tree and understand the buds and flowers, you will have to go deep to the roots, because the secret lies there. And the deeper the roots go, the higher the tree goes.
Friedrich W. Nietzsche (1844 - 1900)

The only way to rid yourself of temptation is to yield to it.
Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)

Who would give a law to lovers? Love is unto itself a higher law.
A. M. T. S. Boethius (480 - 524)

Love should be a tree whose roots are deep in the earth, but whose branches extend into heaven.
Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)

Despite my thirty years of research into the feminine soul, I have not yet been able to answer … the great question that has never been answered: What does a woman want?
Sigmund Freud (1856 - 1939)

Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just stand there.
William Rogers (1913 - )

The best way out is always through.
Robert Frost (1874 - 1963)

Whoever said, “It’s not whether you win or lose,” probably lost.
Martina Navratilova (1956 - )

What is our aim? I can answer in one word: Victory! Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival.
Winston S. Churchill (1874 - 1965)

This above all: to thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man.
William Shakespeare (1564 - 1616)

There is something that is much more scarce, something finer far, something rarer than ability. It is the ability to recognize ability.
Elbert Hubbard

Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself.
John Dewey (1859 - 1952)

You should keep on learning as long as there is something you do not know.
Seneca (2 BC - AD 65)

Don’t write anything you can phone; don’t phone anything you can talk face to face; don’t talk anything you can smile; don’t smile anything you can wink; and don’t wink anything you can nod.
Earl Long

Too often, the opportunity knocks, but by the time you pull back the chain, push back the bolt, unhook the two locks, and shut off the burglar alarm, it’s too late.
Rita Coolidge

Those who are accustomed to judge by feeling do not understand the process of reasoning, because they want to comprehend at a glance and are not used to seeking for first principles. Those, on the other hand, who are accustomed to reason from first principles do not understand matters of feeling at all, because they look for first principles and are unable to comprehend at a glance.
Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)

If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the host of heavens and earth will pause to say, “Here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well.”
Martin Luther King, Jr. (1929 - 1968)

A man may dwell so long upon a thought that it may take him prisoner.
Lord Halifax (1881 - 1959)

The great thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving.
Oliver Wendell Holmes (1841 - 1935)

The rung of a ladder was never meant to rest upon, but only to hold our foot long enough to enable us to put the other foot somewhat higher.

Do not judge any man until you have walked two moons in his moccasins.
Native American saying

If I had done everything I’m credited with, I’d be speaking to you from a laboratory jar at Harvard.
Frank Sinatra (1915 - 199?)

It’s much safer to obey than to rule.
Thomas a Kempis (1379 - 1471)

By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may eventually get to be boss and work twelve hours a day!

I never did give anybody hell. I just told the truth and they thought it was hell.
Harry S. Truman (1884 - 1972)

When you point your finger at me, remember that three of your fingers are pointing back at you!
Louis Nizer (adaptation)

The best managers make decisions on the basis of what is fair and equitable, not what is popular - bearing in mind that not everyone will be pleased with these decisions.
Priscilla Gross

I don’t care to be involved in the crash landing unless I can be in on the takeoff.
Harold Stassen

Be nice to people on your way up. You might need them on the way down.
Jimmy Durante

The best mind-altering drug is truth.
Lily Tomlin

The best executive is the one who has enough sense to pick good people to do what he wants done, and self-restraint enough to keep from meddling with them while they do it.
Theodore Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
Anna Eleanor Roosevelt (1884 - 1962)

We become what we habitually contemplate.
George W. Russell (1867 - 1935)

It is difficult to make a man miserable while he feels worthy of himself and claims kindred to the great God who made him.
Abraham Lincoln (1809 - 1865)

People forget how fast you did a job - but they remember how well you did it.
Howard W. Newton

A great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
Walter Bagehot (1826 – 1877)

One man with courage makes a majority.
Andrew Jackson (1767 - 1845)

The aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, drunkenly, serenely, divinely aware.
Henry Miller (1891 - 1980)

A compliment is something like a kiss through a veil.
Victor M. Hugo (1802 - 1885)

Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where we can find information on it.
Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Even while they teach, men learn.
Seneca (4 B.C. - A.D. 65)

There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.
Socrates (470 - 399 B.C.)

Knowledge is power.
Sir Francis Bacon (1561 - 1626)

Hold faithfulness and sincerity as first principles.
Confucius (551 - 479 B.C.)

Happiness is not an ideal of reason but of imagination.
Immanuel Kant (1724 - 1804)

Liberty consists in doing what one desires.
John Stuart Mill (1806 - 1873)

In a completely rational society, the best of us would be teachers and the rest of us would have to settle for something less.
Lee Iacocca

Perhaps the most valuable result of all education is the ability to make yourself do the thing you have to do when it ought to be done whether you like it or not. It is the first lesson that ought to be learned and however early a person’s training begins, it is probably the last lesson a person learns thoroughly.

Ultimately all policies are made … on the basis of judgments. There is no other way, and there never will be. The question is whether those judgments have to be made in the fog of inadequate and inaccurate data, unclear and undefined issues, and a welter of conflicting personal opinions, or whether they can be made on the basis of adequate, reliable information, relevant experience, and clearly drawn issues. In the end, analysis is but an aid to judgment. … Judgment is supreme.
Alain C. Enthoven

… sound organization structure requires both (a) hierarchical structure of authority, and (b) a capacity to organize task forces, teams, and individuals for work on both a permanent and a temporary basis.
Peter F. Drucker (1909 - 2005)

Success is 99 percent failure.
Soichiro Honda

If you don’t fail, you will never succeed. For most people, it is impossible to have a brilliant idea without having failed many times.
Dr. Enrique Guardia

Fear is our greatest killer. It keeps us from love and hardens the heart.
Chris Griscom

Within our darkest moments, our brightest treasures can be found.
Marcus Allen

If I am not to be for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when?
Fritz Perls

Love is not what makes the world go ‘round. Love is what makes the trip worthwhile.
Franklin Jones

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.

How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak & strong; because someday in your life, you will have been all of these.
George Washington Carver (1864 - 1943)

Know thyself.
Socrates (470 - 399 B.C.)

Nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands.
Edward Estlin Cummings (1894 - 1962)

The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple.
Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)

Enjoy yourself. If you can’t enjoy yourself, enjoy somebody else.
Jack Schaefer

Pick battles big enough to matter, small enough to win.
Jonathan Kozol

I was gratified to be able to answer promptly. I said I don’t know.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

In a fight between you and the world, bet on the world.
Franz Kafka (1883 - 1924)

Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
Dwight David Eisenhower (1890 - 1969)

Strangely enough, this is the past that somebody in the future is longing to go back to.
Ashleigh Brilliant

The trouble with the future is that it usually arrives before we’re ready for it.
Arnold H. Glasow

This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.
Winston S. Churchill (1874 - 1965)

Don’t bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.
William Faulkner (1897 - 1962)

To my imagination it is far more satisfactory to look at well-adapted species not as specially endowed or created instincts, but as small consequences of one general law leading to the advancement of all organic beings - namely, multiply, vary, let the strongest live and the weakest die.
Charles Darwin (1809 - 1882)

The only place you find success before work is in the dictionary.
May V. Smith

How many times can a man turn his head and pretend that he just doesn’t see? The answer, my friend, is blowin’ in the wind…
Bob Dylan (1941 - )

They did not yet see, and thousands of young men … now crowding to the barriers of their careers, could not see that if a single man plant himself on his convictions and then abide, the huge world will come round to him.

Tell me, and I will forget. Show me, and I will remember. Involve me, and I will understand.
Confucius (551 - 479 B.C.)

Being entirely honest with oneself is a good exercise.
Sigmund Freud (1856 - 1939)

In various stages of her life, a woman resembles the continents of the world. From 13 to 18, she’s like Africa – virgin territory, unexplored; from 18 to 30, she’s like Asia – hot and exotic; from 30 to 45, she’s like America – fully explored and free with her resources; from 45 to 55, she’s like Europe – exhausted, but not without places of interest; after 55, she’s like Australia – everybody knows it’s down there but nobody much cares.
Al Boliska

Make yourself necessary to somebody.

I was taught when I was young that if people would only love one another, all would be well with the world. This seemed simple and very nice; but I found when I tried to put it in practice not only that other people were seldom lovable, but that I was not very lovable myself.
George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

In the mid-sixties, during the week that I was awarded my doctoral degree from Columbia University after years of sometimes arduous work, I felt particularly loving about life and people. I asked one of my colleagues, Marving Tulman, whether he thought it was 'proper' for me to place a box of cigars and some candy in the school cafeteria with the inscription, 'With my compliments to colleagues and staff.' 'Jerry,' he said, 'never wonder about etiquette when it comes to expressing something loving and nice. If the feeling is genuine and it is loving, always act on it.' I did. His was an inner-liberating thought. I have found that you never really go wrong if you permit yourself spontaneous acts of giving, sharing, loving. The world can use all the loving acts it can get - proper etiquette notwithstanding.
Dr. Gerald Kushel

Don't listen to anyone who tells you that you can't do this or that. That's nonsense. Make up your mind, you'll never use crutches or a stick, then have a go at everything. Go to school, join in all the games you can. Go anywhere you want to. But never, never let them persuade you that things are too difficult or impossible.
Sir Douglas Bader (1910-1982), a British fighter pilot who lost both legs in a flying accident, but still fought in World War II.

A person starts to live when he can live outside of himself.

Attracting and holding talent have become two of the central tasks of management. Knowledge workers have many options, and should be treated and managed as volunteers. They are interested in personal achievement and personal responsibility. They expect continuous learning and training. They want respect and authority. Give it to them.
Peter F. Drucker (1909 – 2005)
Collapse

Haluk Erkan
Türkiye
German to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Kral ve Körleri Nov 14, 2012

Körler ülkesinde tek gözü olan kral olurmuş.

Unter Blinden ist der Einäugige König.

Haluk Erkan
Türkiye
German to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Umarım birden fazladır :) Dec 29, 2012

Nizamettin Yigit
Nizamettin Yigit  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 20:09
Dutch to Turkish
+ ...
Tadan-doyan-çirkin-güzel Jan 11, 2013

Tadan da bir doyan da
yiyene
Çirkin de bir güzel de,
sevene

Haluk Erkan
Türkiye
German to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Stephen Hawking Mar 12, 2013

Bilginin en büyük düşmanı bilgisizlik değildir, bildiğini zannetmektir.

Haluk Erkan
Türkiye
German to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Konfüçyüs Mar 26, 2013

Ya bir yol bul, ya bir yol aç, ya da yoldan çekil.

Haluk Erkan
Türkiye
German to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Descartes Mar 29, 2013

Sana ışık tutanlara sırtını dönersen göreceğin tek şey kendi karanlığındır.

Haluk Erkan
Türkiye
German to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Albert Einstein Aug 13, 2013

İki şey sonsuzdur. İnsanoğlunun aplallığı ve evren.
Fakat ikincisinden o kadar emin değilim.

Haluk Erkan
Türkiye
German to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ramiz Dayı Sep 27, 2013

Mesele ölmek değil, dost bildiğin en güvendiğin adamın eliyle ölmekmiş mesele...

Haluk Erkan
Türkiye
German to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Albert Einstein Nov 6, 2013

Wenn die meisten sich schon armseliger Kleider und Möbel schämen, wieviel mehr sollten wir uns da erst armseliger Ideen und Weltanschauungen schämen.

Çoğu insan sefil giysi ve eşyalarından bile utanıyorsa, kim bilir sefil düşünce ve dünya görüşlerimizden ötürü ne kadar çok utanmamız gerekirdi.

Adnan Özdemir
Adnan Özdemir  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Member (2007)
German to Turkish
+ ...
Rahmetli Al Capone: Jan 7, 2014

"Çocukken her akşam yatmadan önce ve aklıma geldiği her an Tanrı'ya bana bir bisiklet vermesi için dua ederdim. Bir gün Tanrı'nın çalışma tarzının bu olmadığını anladım. Ertesi gün gittim kendime yeni bir bisiklet çaldım ve her akşam yatmadan önce Tanrı'ya günahlarımı affetmesi için dua ettim."

Hakkında:
http://tr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Capone
... See more
"Çocukken her akşam yatmadan önce ve aklıma geldiği her an Tanrı'ya bana bir bisiklet vermesi için dua ederdim. Bir gün Tanrı'nın çalışma tarzının bu olmadığını anladım. Ertesi gün gittim kendime yeni bir bisiklet çaldım ve her akşam yatmadan önce Tanrı'ya günahlarımı affetmesi için dua ettim."

Hakkında:
http://az.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Kapone

Collapse

Halil Ibrahim Tutuncuoglu
Halil Ibrahim Tutuncuoglu "Бёcäטsع Լîfe's cômplicåtعd eñøugh"
Türkiye
Turkish to English
+ ...
Al Capone'un Ölümü Jan 7, 2014

Adnan Karamanoğlu Türkoğlu Türküm Özdemir wrote:

Hakkında:
http://az.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Kapone

Hapishane günleri ve çeteden kopuşu Capone'u bunalıma sürükledi. Frengi nedeniyle sağlık sorunları da şiddetlendi. Psikiyatristlerin yaptığı testler sonucu algılama düzeyinin 12 yaş seviyesine indiği gözlemlendi. Akli dengesi kısmen bozulan Capone'un durumu, Florida'daki evinde 21 Ocak 1947'de ağırlaştı ve 25 Ocak 1947'de öldü. Cesedi Illionis'te yakıldı.

Adnan Özdemir
Adnan Özdemir  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Member (2007)
German to Turkish
+ ...
Rahmetli Al Capone'nin beğendiğim sözlerinden biri daha: Jan 8, 2014

"Git dediğinde gidip, gel dediğinde gelmemi mi bekliyorsun? Ben hayatın önünde eğilmedim ki, senin karşında eğileyim."

-------------
Sözün yeri: http://www.tilqi.com/ozlu-sozler/al-capone-kapon/al-capone-sozleri

Haluk Erkan
Türkiye
German to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Kuzey Amerika Yerlisi Feb 2, 2014

Bizim şarkılarımız çoğunlukla yağmur üzerinedir. Çünkü bizde yağmur az yağar ve çok istenilen, özlenilen bir şeydir. Dikkat ettim, siz beyazların şarkılarının çoğu aşk ve sevgi üzerine.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Günün Sözü

Translation news in Türkiye

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »