https://www.proz.com/forum/software_applications/23573-to3000_phantom_invoice.html

TO3000: Phantom invoice
Iniziatore argomento: Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)  Identity Verified
Germania
Local time: 06:50
Da Inglese a Tedesco
+ ...
Aug 4, 2004

Hello all,

I have been using TO3000 for some time now, and I am very satisfied with it.

However, up to now I never had to create a phantom invoice, therefore I am not very familiar with this feature.

Today I received a payment that was less than the amount invoiced (due to transfer fees, etc.). Therefore I wanted to take advantage of the phantom invoice feature, but it seems that the button is deactivated. I tried to create the phantom invoice from within
... See more
Hello all,

I have been using TO3000 for some time now, and I am very satisfied with it.

However, up to now I never had to create a phantom invoice, therefore I am not very familiar with this feature.

Today I received a payment that was less than the amount invoiced (due to transfer fees, etc.). Therefore I wanted to take advantage of the phantom invoice feature, but it seems that the button is deactivated. I tried to create the phantom invoice from within the payment window. The button can be found on the "Linked with invoices" tab.

I also found the following hint in the manual and help pages:
Note: Availability of Phantom Invoice and Phantom Payment buttons is controlled by Phantoms page of Settings window

I already tried to change these settings, but no matter what I do, I am not able to get the button activated.

Any suggestions (apart from contacting support)?

TIA,

Sonja
Collapse

Peter Linton (X)
Peter Linton (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:50
Da Svedese a Inglese
+ ...
How to create a phantom invoice Aug 5, 2004

I had the same problem, and the answer seems to be to go into Settings and set the "limit phantoms by maximum of" to a high number of units. I found that setting the maximum to 10 units did not activate the Phantom button in New Payments, but 1000 units did. But I don't understand why. Perhaps the units are Euro cents?

[Edited at 2004-08-05 09:08]

Graciela Carlyle
Graciela Carlyle  Identity Verified
Regno Unito
Local time: 05:50
Da Inglese a Spagnolo
+ ...
did you try entering a larger figure? Aug 5, 2004

Hi Sonja,

The help says:

'In Phantoms page of Settings window you can define limit for creating Phantom Payments and Phantom Invoices:
"Limit phantoms by maximum of: /n/ units"

If the remainder of the Payment or Invoice is larger than value specified here, Phantom Payment button in Linked with Payments page of New Invoice or Edit Invoice will be disabled:
Otherwise, it will be enabled.'

Try entering a larger figure for /n/
I c
... See more
Hi Sonja,

The help says:

'In Phantoms page of Settings window you can define limit for creating Phantom Payments and Phantom Invoices:
"Limit phantoms by maximum of: /n/ units"

If the remainder of the Payment or Invoice is larger than value specified here, Phantom Payment button in Linked with Payments page of New Invoice or Edit Invoice will be disabled:
Otherwise, it will be enabled.'

Try entering a larger figure for /n/
I can't find any other setting that would enable the button

Grace.
Collapse

Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Germania
Da Inglese a Tedesco
+ ...
AVVIO ARGOMENTO
Setting to 1000 didn't work Aug 5, 2004

Thank you, Lars and Graciela,

I have already found this setting and tried to change it, but no matter if I enter 0, 1, 5 or 1000, the button is still deactivated.
I assume that the units refer to the number of words, lines, or whatever is used for measurement. In this particular case the invoice is based on a flat fee, and I wonder if that's the problem here.
I have now contacted support. I'll let you know what they say.

Kindly,

Sonja... See more
Thank you, Lars and Graciela,

I have already found this setting and tried to change it, but no matter if I enter 0, 1, 5 or 1000, the button is still deactivated.
I assume that the units refer to the number of words, lines, or whatever is used for measurement. In this particular case the invoice is based on a flat fee, and I wonder if that's the problem here.
I have now contacted support. I'll let you know what they say.

Kindly,

Sonja
Collapse

Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Germania
Da Inglese a Tedesco
+ ...
AVVIO ARGOMENTO
Got it! Aug 5, 2004

Dear all,

just wanted to let you know that I have finally managed to get the thing working.

I have to admit that it was me who was mistaken, not the system.

On creating a new payment, I mistakenly linked the payment with the actual invoice. TO3000 disables the phantom button once a link has been created. I did not fully understand that the phantom option creates a new invoice with the amount paid.

But that left me with the problem that I sti
... See more
Dear all,

just wanted to let you know that I have finally managed to get the thing working.

I have to admit that it was me who was mistaken, not the system.

On creating a new payment, I mistakenly linked the payment with the actual invoice. TO3000 disables the phantom button once a link has been created. I did not fully understand that the phantom option creates a new invoice with the amount paid.

But that left me with the problem that I still had an invoice opened. I have decided not to create a phantom invoice, but a phantom payment. You can do this from the invoice tab, where you simply have to choose the invoice, link it with a payment and add the missing amount as phantom payment.

Thank you all for your kind help.

Sonja
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TO3000: Phantom invoice

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »