Why and how can't memoQ identify and pretranslate numbers with percantages?
Thread poster: Muhammed Taha Ardal
Muhammed Taha Ardal
Muhammed Taha Ardal
Türkiye
Local time: 04:29
English to Turkish
+ ...
Jun 11, 2017

Hello,

I've spent so much time trying to accomplish this but whatever setting I choose, memoQ doesn't auto translate/pre translate numbers with percantage signs. I have 11k words to complete and every segment is a %99 match with percantages changed. This just makes me upset since if they would be normal numbers instead of percantages, memoQ would automatically correct these changes.

Are there any ways to achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

Stanislav Okhvat
Stanislav Okhvat
Local time: 05:29
English to Russian
Re: Why and how can't memoQ identify and pretranslate numbers with percantages? Jun 12, 2017

Hello,

You need to open Preparation tab, then click "Populate number-only segments". In the window, make sure that "Numbers, non-translatables,..." and "Non-alphabetical characters..." checkboxes are checked. Then press OK and your document should become translated. The status of the pre-translated segments will become "Assembled from fragments". Sort by segment status and confirm all these segments.

If you need to alter the format of the numbers (e.g. put the % at the
... See more
Hello,

You need to open Preparation tab, then click "Populate number-only segments". In the window, make sure that "Numbers, non-translatables,..." and "Non-alphabetical characters..." checkboxes are checked. Then press OK and your document should become translated. The status of the pre-translated segments will become "Assembled from fragments". Sort by segment status and confirm all these segments.

If you need to alter the format of the numbers (e.g. put the % at the beginning or end of the number, or add a non-breaking space), you need to use custom autotranslation rules.

Best regards,
Stanislav Okhvat
TransTools – Useful tools for every translator
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why and how can't memoQ identify and pretranslate numbers with percantages?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »